State Street Corporation (STT) today announced the opening of its building at One Channel Center in Boston. The new building consists of workspace designed to support mobility and flexible work schedules, to promote operational and technological efficiency and to encourage collaboration among employees.
“The way ahead in financial services is highly dependent on attracting and maintaining a talented, diverse and engaged workforce to build innovative solutions for our clients, ” said Jay Hooley, chairman, president and CEO at State Street. “Channel Center offers a unique opportunity to re-shape our workplace environment to support these goals.”
The new building includes design elements and amenities that encourage employees to use office space differently. Features of the new building include:
- A multi-functional approach to rooms, including the cafeteria, conference rooms and collaboration rooms
- Enhanced ergonomic support at workstations which include stand-up desks and fitted chairs
- Centralized trash, shredding, composting and recycling
- 100 percent wireless to support mobility and flexible work schedules
- Increased natural light in open space and white noise throughout the building
- LEED certified design for environmental sustainability
- Fitness center in the building with locker rooms and showers
- Access to green space, 130 bike racks for commuters and a Hubway location next door
- Quiet rooms for nursing mothers
- Meditation rooms for prayer and reflection
“State Street is a leader in employment and sustainable corporate practices globally,” said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh. “I am pleased that State Street has maintained its commitment to its headquarters in Boston, and has made a significant investment in the construction of a state of the art building on the growing South Boston Waterfront."
The Channel Center building has capacity for more than 3,500 employees to support State Street’s mobile and flexible workforce. Ten percent of the Channel Center consists of unassigned workspaces with video and audio conferencing capabilities to encourage communication and idea sharing with virtual teams. The building is leased by State Street and was planned for in advance of the expiration of leases in four buildings in downtown Boston in 2014.
About State Street Corporation
State Street Corporation (STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.5 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.4 trillion* in assets under management as of March 31, 2014, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s web site at www.statestreet.com.
* Assets under management include the assets of the SPDR®® Gold ETF (approximately $34 billion as of March 31, 2014), for which State Street Global Markets, LLC, an affiliate of SSgA, serves as the distribution agent.
- State Street Corporation
Elizabeth Bartlett, +1 617-662-2903