NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Stewart Title®,thepreferred real estate services company, announced today new leadership and company alignment to better serve the New York customer channels. The alignment focuses on growth, operational synergies and continued market leadership in an effort to leverage relationships across the company to provide a consistent experience to our customers.
“New York is the epicenter of U.S. real estate, and Stewart has long had a strong presence and dedication to this market,” said Matt Morris, CEO of Stewart. “We are aligning our agency, direct and commercial New York customer channels to better serve our customers.”
Morris, in conjunction with the Stewart Title Insurance Company Board of Directors is pleased to announce the newly aligned New York leadership as follows:
- Julie Curlen will continue to oversee the New York agency services operations, reporting to George Houghton, group president, Agency Operations.
- Craig Goldenberg has been named division president for the New York direct Stewart Title operations.
- Tom Vinci will continue to lead our New York commercial center, Title Associates, a division of Stewart Title Insurance Company (STIC); reporting to Bruce Hawley, executive vice president, National Title Services.
- John Frates has been appointed executive vice president and STIC General Counsel, reporting directly to Stewart Chief Legal Officer John Killea.
The New York operation was previously under the leadership of John Welling who passed away in October 2013. Welling was a member of the Stewart family of companies since 1992, and will be greatly missed.
“New York is a market filled with opportunities, and while we still mourn the loss of John Welling, we are encouraged by his legacy and the quality of the STIC operation,” said Matt Morris. “Welling was an essential part of a team that established a strong foundation, and his influence is apparent every day. We look forward to carrying on his legacy and further growing Stewart in New York.”
Stewart Information Services Corp. (NYSE-STC) is a customer-focused, global title insurance and real estate services company offering products and services through our direct operations, network of approved agencies and other companies within the Stewart family. Stewart provides these services to homebuyers and sellers; residential and commercial real estate professionals; mortgage lenders and servicers; title agencies and real estate attorneys; home builders; and United States and foreign governments. Stewart also provides loan origination and servicing support; loan review services; loss mitigation; REO asset management; home and personal insurance services; tax-deferred exchanges; and technology to streamline the real estate process. Offering personalized service, industry expertise and customized solutions for virtually any type of real estate transaction, Stewart is the preferred real estate services provider. More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com/news.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Investment & Company Information
- New York