REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 17, 2013) - Oracle (
In the health care industry, speed and efficiency are critical to reducing costs, conserving limited resources and improving patient outcomes. Strata Health Solutions plays a key role in the health care ecosystem with its SaaS resource matching and referral technology, which provides Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) with real-time tools to optimize patient flow and experience. With a growing customer base of LHINs and health care providers, Strata Health required a scalable, cost-effective solution to increase performance and availability. The company turned to the Oracle Database Appliance and Oracle Real Application Clusters to create a high availability database cluster infrastructure to seamlessly manage the growing volume of health care providers relying on its system, leading to better, more cost-effective patient care.
- Strata Health Solutions Inc. is successfully using the Oracle Database Appliance to support the growth of its software-as-a-service (SaaS) health care business and help its customers improve patient care, Oracle today announced.
- With the recent business growth of its business line, Strata PathWays, Strata required a solution to support its customers' service level agreements (SLAs). It compared IBM's hardware-only solution to Oracle Database Appliance with Oracle Database Enterprise Edition and Oracle Real Application Clusters and determined Oracle Database Appliance was the best solution to seamlessly and cost-effectively meet the growing data requirements of their customers today as well as into the future.
- With the unique capacity-on-demand licensing model of the Oracle Database Appliance and virtualization support through Oracle VM, Strata Health can easily add database resources without system downtime or additional headcount, enabling highly efficient and cost-effective use of its servers.
- Strata PathWays customers have reported improved user experience and performance benefits since implementation, including faster server transaction speeds and page loads; the elimination of runtime errors; and significant reduction in user session timeouts.
- Additionally, Strata Health has seamlessly migrated customers from a hosted hardware environment onto the Oracle Database Appliance, which has freed up Strata Health hardware and technical resources dedicated to support.
"Our core business revolves around efficiency and real-time collaboration, so having the right technology infrastructure is critical to optimizing patient care and outcomes," said Darren Jones, chief operating officer, Strata Health Solutions. "With a flexible, scalable system to maximize our database power, the Oracle Database Appliance is engineered for performance, which helps our customers ensure patients receive the best care in a timely fashion. Now, we can continue our organic growth, without increasing our database support, which is a huge advantage for us."
- Oracle Database Appliance X3-2
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Database Appliance on YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Oracle In Healthcare
- Follow Oracle Healthcare on Twitter
- Become an Oracle Health Sciences Fan on Facebook
- Oracle Healthcare on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Oracle Database