NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Strathspey Crown LLC, a leading growth equity firm, announced today that it has established Alphaeon Corporation, a unique, patient-centered company operating only in the self-pay lifestyle sector of healthcare, presently encompassing plastic surgery, ophthalmology and dermatology.
Alphaeon offers services and product technologies designed to give consumers greater choice, more personalized outcomes and uncompromised service for their wellness, beauty and performance needs.
"Alphaeon is focused on providing life-enhancing products for consumers who are seeking innovative solutions for personal health, wellness and longevity," said Robert E. Grant, chairman and managing partner of Strathspey Crown. "Our vision is to encourage the development of forward-thinking medical advances that enhance patients' lives."
The Alphaeon management team includes the following industry leaders:
- William J. Link, Ph.D., chairman, has more than three decades of operations experience in the healthcare industry and a proven record of building and managing large, successful medical product companies. Dr. Link co-founded and presently serves as a managing director of Versant Ventures, which specializes in early-stage investment in healthcare technologies. He previously founded and served as the chairman and CEO of Chiron Vision, and founded and was president of American Medical Optics (AMO).
- Robert E. Grant, chief executive officer, presently serves as chairman and managing partner of Strathspey Crown, LLC. For more than 20 years, he has played a pivotal role in successful technology and business development in the pharmaceutical, medical device and healthcare markets. Most recently, he was CEO and president of Bausch + Lomb Surgical, and also previously served as president of Allergan Medical, a division of Allergan, Inc.
- Mitch Hill, chief financial officer, previously served as CFO of Cameron Health, Inc., acquired by Boston Scientific in 2012, and as CFO of Visiogen, Inc., acquired by Abbott Medical Optics in 2009. Mr. Hill also served as executive vice president and CFO of Insight Health Services Holdings Corp., a U.S.-based provider of diagnostic imaging services, and as CFO of Buy.com Inc., Walt Disney Imagineering and the Disney Development Company.
- David Mordaunt, Ph.D., chief technology officer, has an extensive background in the medical device industry as an innovator, senior executive and business leader. He previously served as CTO of Bausch + Lomb and CEO of OptiMedica and Precision Light, which was acquired by Allergan in 2011. Dr. Mordaunt is responsible for the development of more than 100 new, innovative medical devices and the establishment of six new clinical applications.
- Ira Lawrence, M.D., chief medical officer, brings more than 25 years of global pharmaceutical and device experience. Prior to joining Alphaeon, he served as chief medical officer and senior vice president for research and development, regulatory and medical affairs at Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation. Dr. Lawrence is responsible for more than 75 IND, NDA, BLA, IDE, PMK and 510(k) submissions, including a number of first-in-class products both in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Todd Theodora, chief legal counsel, is a co-founder and chairman of Theodora Oringher, a California-based law firm known for its expert handling of complex commercial litigation. The firm has established a strategic partnership with Alphaeon to provide specialty legal services. Mr. Theodora has successfully handled high profile matters that received worldwide attention, and is considered one of California's best trial attorneys and business litigators.
- Daniel Durrie, M.D., chief physician officer, is an internationally recognized refractive surgeon with more than 35 years of experience, and was named one of the "Top Ten Refractive Surgeons in America" by Ophthalmology Times and one of the "Fifty Most Influential Ophthalmologists in the World" by Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today. Dr. Durrie is the founder and president of Durrie Vision, a world-class, self-pay vision correction surgery center.
- Shareef Mahdavi, chief marketing officer, has more than 25 years of medical device experience, with a focus on creating procedure demand in lifestyle healthcare. Since 2001, he has served as founder and president of SM2 Strategic, a consultancy and research firm that has worked with startups and established manufacturers, including Alcon, AMO, Allergan and Bausch + Lomb.
- Dustin Sjuts, senior vice president of franchise sales, has a proven track record driving revenue growth for medical device and pharmaceutical companies, with a focus on aesthetics and ophthalmology. He previously served in a variety of leadership roles at Allergan, Inc., including director of sales, where he had a critical impact on the growth of BOTOX® Cosmetic, RESTASIS®, JUVEDERM® and LATISSE®.
- Anthony Sine, executive vice president of business development, has extensive worldwide deal experience, having completed more than 25 transactions totaling approximately $2.5 billion. Mr. Sine previously led business development for Bausch + Lomb Surgical and was the lead attorney for Allergan's business development, corporate, commercial, public company filings and financing activities. Mr. Sine also served as divisional counsel to both the Allergan Medical and the Allergan North America management teams.
"I am honored to join the Alphaeon leadership team, which represents leading talent in the aesthetic, ophthalmology and dermatology industries," said Dr. Link, chairman of Alphaeon. "We look forward to establishing Alphaeon as a leading lifestyle healthcare company supporting the creation and commercialization of new and innovative technologies and services that benefit patients."
About Alphaeon Corporation
Alphaeon Corporation is a lifestyle healthcare company that commercializes and develops highly innovative technologies and services to promote patient wellness, beauty and performance. Ensuring access to leading advancements in lifestyle healthcare, the company fosters deep relationships with leading specialty physicians so patients look their best, feel their best and know they are receiving the best in lifestyle healthcare. For more information, please visit www.alphaeon.com.
About Strathspey Crown
Strathspey Crown is a growth equity firm specializing in lifestyle healthcare. Strathspey Crown uniquely partners with specialty physicians to commercialize highly innovative technologies and services in the self-pay sector. The firm is founded in partnership with physician investors across three key medical specialties: plastic surgery, ophthalmology and dermatology. For more information visit our website at: www.strathspeycrown.com.
Jenna Mons, Director of Marketing and Communications
Tel: +1 949.260.1700
- Health Care Industry