SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 16, 2014) - A new report by Marin Software (
According to Marin Software's new report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search & Social Advertising," as search and social channels become increasingly valuable yet fragmented, successful marketers need to integrate their search and social strategies along the customer buying journey, thinking beyond the channel and focusing instead on the customer.
- Search campaigns perform better when they are managed alongside social campaigns. According to Marin's data, search campaigns that are managed alongside social advertising campaigns have a 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation. An integrated search and social management strategy also benefits an advertiser's revenue per conversion. Advertisers have 68% higher revenue per conversion from their search campaigns when they are managed together with social advertising campaigns.
- Customers who click an advertiser's search and social ads are more likely to buy. Marin's study shows that users who clicked on both an advertiser's search and social ads had an approximately two times greater conversion rate than users who clicked on the search ad only. The impact of a cross-channel touch was even greater when examining social clicks. Users who clicked on both the search and social ads had a click-through rate approximately four and a half times higher than users who only clicked on social ads.
- Customers who click on an advertiser's search and social ads spend more. The study also shows that users who clicked on both a search and social ad contributed approximately two times more revenue per click than users who clicked on search ads only. Multi-channel touch points are even more valuable for social advertising. Users who clicked on both a search and social ad contributed four times more revenue per click than users who clicked on a social ad only.
- Marin Software's report, "The Multiplier Effect of Integrating Search & Social Advertising," can be downloaded here.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the effectiveness of search and social digital advertising and their effects for advertisers when search and social advertising are used in conjunction. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to adverse changes in general global economic or market conditions; delays, reductions or slower growth in the amount spent on online and mobile advertising; and unforeseen developments in the digital advertising industry generally, technological changes; competition; and the fact that the digital advertising market is an emerging market and rapidly evolving. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-K and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time. Marin Software assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
About Marin Software:
Marin Software Incorporated (
- Business Services & Activities