SAN JOSE, Calif., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, today announced new X10 Motherboard and Server Building Block Solutions® that support Intel's highly anticipated future Xeon® processor E3-1200 V3 and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processor families. Supermicro's uni-processor (UP) motherboard solutions combined with optimized chassis deliver customers the widest combination of solutions to build server solutions fitting any application requirement. When combined with Intel's coming processor microarchitecture based on 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate technology, Supermicro system solutions deliver higher performance with increased energy efficiency through improved system, cooling and power architectures.
"Supermicro is developing advanced server and storage solutions based on Intel's new processor technologies to deliver higher performance with increased energy efficiency," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "These latest lines of motherboard and server building block solutions offer customers greater choices to grow their business. By leveraging our new one million square foot state-of-the-art facility in Taiwan, we are able to fulfill much higher volume demands worldwide and provide customers the best service with a time-to-market advantage."
Supermicro Product Highlights Supporting Future Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 V3 and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Families
Server Motherboards (Data Centers, Storage Solutions, Network Appliance, and Legacy Support)
- High performance storage solution (X10SL7-F) for SNB, Datacenters, with 8x SAS2 6Gb/s, 2x SATA3 6Gb/s, Dual GbE LAN ports, USB 3.0, TPM headers, IPMI 2.0 with dedicated LAN in a uATX form factor
- High performance optimized server (X10SLM+-LN4F) for networking appliance, firewall, Datacenter, with 4x SATA3 6Gb/s, Quad GbE LAN ports, USB 3.0, Intel Node Manager Support, TPM headers, IPMI 2.0 with dedicated LAN in a uATX form factor
- Essential mid-range with legacy support optimized server for appliances (X10SLA-F), legacy A/V applications, Data Centers, with 2x SATA3 6Gb/s, Dual LAN ports, USB 3.0, TPM headers, IPMI 2.0 with dedicated LAN, legacy add on card support via 5 PCI-32 slots in a uATX form factor
- Value oriented, cost optimized server motherboard (X10SLL-SF) for SMB and cloud computing with 2x SATA3 6Gb/s, Dual GbE LAN ports, TPM header, IPMI 2.0 with shared LAN in a uATX form factor
Embedded Motherboard (7 years product life)
- High performance (X10SLQ) ideal for ATM, Kiosk, NVR/DVR, surveillance appliances and M2M applications, 6x SATA3 6Gb/s, Dual GbE LAN, USB 3.0, mSATA3, AMT 9.0, vPro, Q87, future 4th Generation Intel® Core™ support, 7 years product life
- 3U MicroCloud in 12 node (SYS-5038ML-H12TRF) and 8 node (SYS-5038ML-H8TRF) configurations feature independent hot-swappable nodes, each supporting future Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 V3 series processor, 32GB memory, 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" HDDs and MicroLP expansion
- 1U Mainstream UP server workhorse (5018D-MTF) with 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), dual GbE NIC, and IPMI 2.0
- 1U High reliability server (5018D-MTRF) with 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), dual GbE NIC, IPMI 2.0, and 400W redundant power with option for Battery Backup Power (BBP®) module
- 1U Network-centric server (5018D-MTLN4F) with 4x 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16, IPMI 2.0, and Quad GbE NIC
- 1U Compact, short-depth server appliance (5018D-MF) less than 15" depth, supporting 2x internal 3.5" drives or optionally up to 4x 2.5" drives, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), and IPMI 2.0
- 1U Storage-focused server (1018D-73MTF) with 8x 2.5" hot-swap bays, supporting SAS2/SATA3 from LSI S2308 controller with optional RAID 0, 1, 10, full-height expansion on PCI-E x16 (x8 signal), dual GbE NIC, and IPMI 2.0
Visit www.supermicro.com to learn more about Supermicro's comprehensive selection of high performance, high-efficiency server, storage and networking solutions.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics