Inspired by Branch co-founder Josh Miller's recent post about how his 15-year-old sister uses the Internet, Y Combinator partner Garry Tan surveyed a bunch of teenagers and young adults to find out which services they use regularly.
With help from YC-backed Survata, Tan surveyed a total of 1,038 people from two different groups: people aged 13-18, and 19-25.
Here's what he found:
- Tumblr is the most used site. 59% of all respondents reported using Tumblr regularly, while only 54% reported using Facebook regularly.
- Facebook is still doing well among kids. 55% of those aged 13-18 reported using the social network regularly.
- Snapchat appeals more to the younger generation, with 13% of those aged 13-18 reporting using it regularly.
- Only 4% of respondents aged 19-25 reported using Snapchat regularly.
Head on over to Tan's blog to read more about the survey.
More From Business Insider
- One Tell-Tale Sign Of A Wildly Successful Startup
- Sexting App Snapchat Is A Threat To Facebook, And It Is 2013's Most Likely Billion Dollar Startup
- Facebook Is Playing Defense, A Clear Sign That Its Confidence Is Shaken
- Arts & Entertainment