PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwire - Feb 5, 2013) - Mobile Saturday at SXSW brings together the world's top brands innovating on mobile with many of the industry's key enablers to explore mobile's hottest topics and winning strategies. Urban Airship programmed the topics and assembled an all-star line-up of customers and experts to speak at Mobile Saturday including: ABC News, Atimi, BET, Beyond the Rack, Bottle Rocket, Branding Brand, ExactTarget, Hotels.com, Redbox, Starbucks, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, World Wrestling Entertainment, Xomo and Xtreme Labs.
"The caliber of brands and mobile innovators that Urban Airship has assembled for Mobile Saturday is truly impressive and will offer everyone -- from those living mobile, to those considering the channel -- a wealth of insight and proven strategies to guide their efforts," said Michael Becker, managing director, North America, Mobile Marketing Association. "We're thrilled to be joining the event as its official association partner."
Mobile Saturday will take place on March 9th at Wanderlust in Austin, Texas, delivering SXSW Interactive's only all-mobile programming, including:
How apps are driving the re-imagination of everything
- Scott Michaels, VP, Atimi
- Brandon Lucas, VP and GM, Mobile, BET
- Mark Shaffer, strategy development, business planning and analytics manager, Walgreens
- Scott Kveton, CEO, Urban Airship
Loyalty in the Pocket:
Why winning the hearts and minds of your customers matters more than ever in a connected consumer world
- Michael Griffiths, head of strategy and creative, Bottle Rocket
- Dana Kruse, category manager-mobile, digital ventures, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Tina Prause, senior director, mobile products, World Wrestling Entertainment
- Brent Hieggelke, CMO, Urban Airship
Location. Location. Location:
Leveraging geolocation and geofences to learn from your customers and inspire engagement
- Ben West, co-founder, XOMO Digital
- Peter Roybal, senior manager of product development, Disney/ABCNews.com
- Roe J. McFarlane, VP of product, Redbox
- Coleen Carey, VP of product, Urban Airship
Live stream of SXSW keynote
Miss only the crowds, viewing the keynote in casual atmosphere with refreshments and snacks.
Retail is Going Mobile:
Driving revenue with the latest mobile commerce innovations from e-commerce to bricks-and-mortar
- Christopher Mason, co-founder, Branding Brand
- Aaron Emigh, CTO and founder, Shopkick
- Wendy Bergh, senior director of mobile and digital strategy, Wal-Mart
- Joe Beninato, GM mobile wallet, Urban Airship
Seamless Customer Experiences:
Satisfy the connected consumer's multi-screen way of life by creating seamless experiences across the device spectrum
- Jeremy Black, director of business development, Xtreme Labs
- Kevin Murphy, director of business intelligence & CRM, Beyond the Rack
- R.J. Taylor, VP of mobile products, ExactTarget
- Verity Crush, CRM manager, Hotels.com
"Mobile is causing a seismic shift in marketing and winning strategies will be those that invite versus interrupt, becoming a welcome addition in the hands of their best consumers 24X7," said Brent Hieggelke, CMO, Urban Airship. "This latest educational effort brings together the brands that are defining what success looks like with many of the partners helping to lead the charge, delivered with a schedule that offers plenty of time for networking and one-on-one questions."
About Urban Airship
Urban Airship enables brands to build relationships with their always-connected customers through services that streamline delivering highly targeted, cross-platform mobile push messages and Apple Passbook passes. Billions of push messages and tens of thousands of passes are delivered each month, sparking exceptional consumer experiences, driving app engagement and increasing customer loyalty and lifetime value for leading brands such as CBS Interactive, ESPN, Groupon, shopkick, Walgreens, Warner Bros. and Waze. The company's solutions handle the end-to-end process of high-performance push messaging, location-targeted messaging and Passbook pass management. For more information, visit www.urbanairship.com and follow us on Twitter @urbanairship.