SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 20, 2013) - Talent Board, a non-profit organization focused on the promotion and elevation of the candidate experience, today announced details of the Candidate Experience Council, comprised of some of the leading voices in HR and talent acquisition.
As the organization behind the Candidate Experience Awards (CandEs), the Talent Board's goal is to facilitate the evolution of the employment candidate experience. In just two years, the CandEs have grown considerably (rising from 57 participating organizations and seven sponsors in 2011 to 90 companies and 18 sponsors in 2012 in North America, and expanding the program to the U.K.) as more organizations recognize the bottom line and branding benefits of keeping job seekers engaged and informed about their candidate status.
The Council was created to help steer the future of the CandEs awards and benchmarking program by drawing on the expertise and knowledge of the HR community's thought leaders. The Council ensures the Talent Board has access to the latest information and a wide variety of ideas that can enhance the program and ensure its continued success as it enters its third year. Through various committees, the members of the Council will be involved in numerous support initiatives by creating deeper awareness of the program, conducting sponsorship outreach, conducting employer and candidate surveys and sharing ideas to various reports and presentations based on the CandEs.
The Candidate Experience Council currently consists of 24 recruiting industry experts, including:
- Chris Brablc, online marketing manager, SmashFly Technologies
- Anna Brekka, senior director, Recruiting Trends
- Linda Brenner, founder and managing director, Designs on Talent
- Master Burnett, director of Strategy, BraveNewTalent
- Peter Clayton, founder, senior producer and host, TotalPicture Radio, Jobs in Pods
- Kelly Dingee, Strategic Recruiting Manager, Staffing Advisors and blogger, Fistful of Talent
- Kris Dunn, partner and CHRO, Kinetix RPO and founder, Fistful of Talent and HR Capitalist
- Andrew Gadomski, founder, Aspen Advisors
- Ben Gotkin, principal consultant Recruiting Toolbox, Inc.
- Kevin Grossman, founder/author of Reach-West and volunteer for Hirewire
- Lance Haun, editor of SourceCon, ERE Media
- Carmen Hudson, principal consultant, Recruiting Toolbox, Inc.
- Jennifer McClure, speaker and consultant, Unbridled Talent
- Joe Murphy, vice president and co-founder, Shaker Consulting Group
- Steven Rothberg, founder, CollegeRecruiter.com
- Josh Schwede, vice president of Business Development, HireVue
- Sean Sheppard, vice president of Sales, TalentCircles
- Susan LaMotte, principal consultant and founder, exaqueo
- Bennett Sung, independent consultant
- William Tincup, founder, Tincup & Co., industry blogger and co-host of DriveThruHR
- John Vlastelica, managing director, Recruiting Toolbox, Inc.
- Bryan Wempen, chief strategy officer, PeopleClues and co-host of DriveThruHR
- Sarah White, founder and CEO, Sarah White & Associates
- Eric Winegardner, vice president, Client Adoption, Monster Worldwide
"In creating the new Council, Talent Board has assembled a truly impressive roster of experts from across the HR community who will be instrumental in promoting the CandEs and shaping the direction of future research on candidate experience," said Elaine Orler, chairman and co-founder of Talent Board. "The success of the Candidate Experience Awards relies on the hard work of volunteers who generously donate their time and energy to advancing a clearing understanding of how recruiting and hiring practices impact talent acquisition and business success. We are honored to enjoy such profound and growing interest in the CandEs across the industry and to be working with the Council members, who will help us prepare for what is shaping up to be our biggest year yet."
The Talent Board recently released its "Candidate Experience 2012," a white paper based on data collected during the 2012 CandEs, this February. The research, which provides insight into candidates' evolving expectations and employers' practices in the recruiting, screening and hiring processes, is available for complimentary download at: www.thecandidateexperienceawards.org/download-the-2012-report.
The 2013 Candidate Experience Awards will open this spring to all recruiting operations based in North America and the United Kingdom. Participation is confidential and free.
About The Talent Board
The Talent Board is a non-profit organization focused on the elevation and promotion of a quality candidate experience. The organization, awards program and its sponsors are dedicated to recognizing the candidate experience offered by companies throughout the entire recruitment cycle and to forever changing the manner in which job candidates are treated. More information can be accessed at http://www.thecandidateexperienceawards.org
- Employment & Career