Target® Corp. (TGT) is guiding parents through the all-important holiday shopping season with an expanded top kids’ gifts list and a host of online and in-home resources. The retailer is also enlisting advice from a former CIA officer on using family friendly intelligence techniques to find out what kids really want.
For the first time, electronics, video games and sporting goods join toys on Target’s list of items that kids will be coveting this year. Favorites topping kids’ wish lists include the Target exclusive LeapFrog LeapPad2 Disney Princess Enchanted Bundle, Razor Lighted-Wheel A Scooter, Beats Solo On-Ear Headphones and more.
In addition, Target is helping parents follow their kids’ clues to find the perfect gifts by partnering with Jonna Mendez, a former CIA officer and mom who will serve as a Kids’ Gift Detective. Inspired by her years of CIA experience, Mendez will offer fun tips and playful techniques to help parents of kids who may not share exactly what they want. Throughout the holiday season, guests can visit ABullseyeView.com to access a video series where popular mom bloggers work with the Kids’ Gift Detective to put their sleuthing skills to the test.
“Before parents can start shopping for holiday gifts, they need to solve the puzzle of what their kids want most – which often extends beyond the toy aisles,” said Scott Nygaard, senior vice president, merchandising, hardlines, Target. “Target offers guests tools to build their lists, including a dedicated online portal, our annual kids’ gifts catalog and the Kids’ Gift Detective, who brings some lighthearted fun to list building.”
KIDS GIFTING TOOLS AND RESOURCES
For guests to easily browse and purchase their kids’ coveted gifts, Target.com/KidsGifts will be a go-to source this holiday. This dedicated page will showcase the season’s must-have gifts and allow guests to view thousands of products by sorting by age, gender, brand or character to quickly find their kids’ wish list items.
Target’s annual kids’ gift catalog will arrive in homes and on Target.com in early November and will feature more than 400 items throughout the store, including toys, sporting goods, electronics, entertainment items, apparel and accessories. The catalog features special pricing to give guests the best value on top kids’ gifts this year, and coupons that can be used on a guest’s total purchase. Guests who shop with a Target REDcard will save an additional 5 percent off gift prices in the catalog, in stores and at Target.com. Through Nov. 27, guests will also receive free shipping on every catalog item when ordered from Target.com.
TARGET’S TOP KIDS’ GIFTS
Target partnered with the top manufacturers to identify the hottest kids’ gifts for the season. This year, Target’s top kids’ gifts list features Target exclusives and brand favorites like Barbie, Beats, LeapFrog, Monster High, NERF, Razor, Xbox, and includes selections for boys and girls of every age.
9 Months to 3 Years
- Disney Sofia The First 10" Doll (Target Exclusive)
- Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Stable
- Furreal Friends Cuddles My Giggle Monkey
- Sesame Street Big Hugs Elmo
4 Years to 6 Years
- 4-pk. Disney Planes Die-Cast Gift Set (Target Exclusive)
- LeapFrog LeapPad2 Disney Princess Enchanted Bundle (Target Exclusive)
- Imaginext Justice League Javelin (Target Exclusive)
- Disney Frozen Anna Doll and Toddler Dress Gift Set (Target Exclusive)
- Angry Birds Go Pirate Ship
- Fisher-Price Octonauts Octopod Play Set
- Kidtrax SRT Viper 6-Volt Ride-On Car
- Lalaloopsy Loopy Hair Doll
- LEGO Friends Downtown Bakery
- Barbie Dream House
- MEGA Bloks Hot Wheels Super Stunt Test Facility
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles R/C Shellraiser
7 Years to 9 Years
- Monster High Power Ghouls Doll (Target Exclusive)
- 6-pk. Marvel Titan Heroes (Target Exclusive)
- Razor Lighted-Wheel A Scooter (Target Exclusive)
- 2-pk. Skylanders Swap Force (Target Exclusive)
- LEGO Chima Equilas Ultra Striker (Target Exclusive)
- Transformers Predacons Rising Electronic Predaking Dragon (Target Exclusive)
- Furby Boom
- NERF Elite RapidStrike CS-18 Blaster
- Hot Wheels Triple Track Twister
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy
Kids’ 10 Years and Up
- Air Hogs Atmosphere
- Beats Solo On-Ear Headphones
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Spy Gear Panosphere 360 Spy Cam
- Xbox One
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (TGT) serves guests at 1,888 stores – 1,797 in the United States and 91 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit target.com/corporateresponsibility.
For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom.
Note: Target welcomes the media to its stores. To contact your local store about shooting b-roll or photos or to request a local interview, please visit “Find a Store” at Target.com and contact the Leader on Duty. You also may visit Target.com/Pressroom to access product information, photos, and more.
- Hobbies & Personal Activities
Kristy Welker, 612-761-6025
Target Media Hotline, 612-696-3400