CEDAR RAPIDS, IA--(Marketwire - Jan 30, 2013) - TaxACT® tax returns were among the first in line for processing when the IRS opened its e-file processing doors today. Many of those returns were prepared, printed and e-filed for free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition.
TaxACT was the first to offer free federal tax preparation and e-filing to all Americans in the 2005 tax season. Today, TaxACT is the only free federal solution to include forms for complicated tax situations such as business, investment, rental and self-employment income.
"Unlike other brands, TaxACT is the only free tax filing solution with all e-fileable forms," said JoAnn Kintzel, TaxACT President. "We're able to offer the most complete free tax filing product because millions of Americans have come to trust TaxACT year after year with their federal and state tax returns."
All taxpayers, regardless of income, age, state of residence, filing status, military status, or complexity of return, can file their federal tax return free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition. With free e-file and direct deposit, TaxACT provides Americans with a free and easy solution for the fastest possible refund.
TaxACT is available for a variety of devices. Taxpayers can file free on a computer or tablet browser at www.taxact.com. iPad® and Android™ tablet owners can also download the free TaxACT tablet app that synchs with browser accounts. Those who prefer computer software can download the free software from www.taxact.com or a CD.
In addition to all e-fileable forms, TaxACT 2012 Free Federal Edition includes:
- Instant, personalized help every step of the way in the enhanced Answer Center, online at taxact.com and with Audit Assistant. Customers can also email tax and audit questions to TaxPayer Support Specialists for free answers.
- Quick Convert™, the fast way to transfer last year's return data into TaxACT
- Extra tax guidance for life events, including college, marriage, military service, home buying and job changes
- Multiple refund options -- free e-file with direct deposit for the fastest possible refund, a pre-paid debit card or U.S. Savings Bonds
- Maximum refund, accuracy and satisfaction guarantees for 100% assurance
- Time-saving tools often found in paid products, from fast data entry options and bookmarks, to Stock Assistant and advanced calculators
- Printable worksheet with all the tax information needed for the FAFSA
- Affordable state returns for less than half the price of others. For $14.95, TaxACT Online users can prepare, print and e-file all part-year and non-resident state forms. Customers can also pay state product fees from their refund.
After filing, TaxACT provides instant access to the status of e-filed returns and federal refunds anytime from a computer, tablet or mobile phone. Users can sign in to their returns, visit efstatus.taxact.com or taxact.com/mobile, or download TaxACT's free companion app, TaxACT Central™. TaxACT also offers email and text message notifications.
TaxACT, made by 2nd Story Software®, is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the second-most visited online tax preparation destination for the past seven consecutive years*. Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 38 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora™ (