TORONTO, April 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Today TD Bank Group published its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report, available online at www.td.com/responsibility. The report details the company's social, economic and environmental performance for the 2013 fiscal year.
"We recognize that our employees, customers and communities have high expectations of TD," said Scott Mullin, Vice President, Community Relations, TD. "This report is an opportunity to tell our story and illustrate how TD is working to make a positive contribution - and better serve our customers and stakeholders for the future."
In the 2013 report, TD looks at the importance of listening to stakeholders as the financial industry seeks to restore public trust. Articles in the report also examine the value of an inclusive workplace, the need for a greening of the economy and increasing understanding of natural capital, as a way of looking at the economic benefits of nature.
In 2013, TD's social and environmental performance included:
- Commitment to its customers and helping them build their financial knowledge, with more than 620,000 visitors to TD Helps
- Being an environmental leader by protecting 25,000 acres of forest habitat through the TD Forests program and planting more than 48,000 trees in 165 communities through TD Tree Days
- Reaching over 1.8 million children through its children's literacy programs to help foster a lifelong love of reading, paramount for future success
The interactive online report also includes links to supporting content, such as:
- The "Taking it Outside" video demonstrates TD's commitment to outdoor learning
- The TD Forests video provides an overview of TD's commitment to reduce paper use while protecting forested areas across North America
- A number of policy statements, position papers and detailed environmental performance data
Any questions or feedback on the 2013 report can be directed to email@example.com.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group ("TD" or the "Bank"). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance; U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance U.S., TD Wealth (U.S.) and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$909 billion in assets on January 31, 2014. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
- TD Bank
- TD Ameritrade