ANNAPOLIS, MD--(Marketwire -02/22/12)- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS - News), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that the company will be featuring its market-leading wireless technologies at Mobile World Congress, which takes place February 27-March 1, 2012 in Barcelona, Spain. TCS invites attendees to stop by Hall 8, Booth 8C115 and experience "Connections that Matter®" through the company's broad range of location-based mobile applications and technologies, including:
- AtlasBook® -- an award-winning solution that powers navigation for millions of subscribers in some of the largest networks in the world, with simulated 3D city driving, voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic-based routing with notifications and hyper-local search functionality
- Telematics -- connected-car navigation and infotainment solution that combines the best of mobile and automotive solutions
- TCS Family Locator™ -- a cloud-based application that empowers family members to stay connected, utilizes state-of-the-art location, and leverages aerial and standard mapping technology
- TCS Workforce Locator™ -- an enhanced solution for tracking mobile resources, directing employees to specified destinations and enabling group communication
- Xypoint® -- an industry-acclaimed, end-to-end Location-Based Services (LBS) portfolio that supports next generation location for GSM, UMTS and LTE networks
- NAVBuilder® -- a third-party developer platform that provides developers and OEMs with tools for building cross-carrier and cross-OS LBS applications
- The industry's first integrated portfolio of mobile security applications and services for location-based authentication, verification and mass notification to ensure the highest levels of reliability and security for any type of device over mobile broadband networks.
Attendees will have the opportunity to see demonstrations of these innovations. TCS representatives will be on hand to answer any questions attendees may have.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS - News) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.