BUENOS AIRES, Argentina and PARIS, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) today announced that Telefonica Argentina is to use elements of the Motive Customer Experience Management portfolio to enhance the consumer experience of services running on smartphones, tablets and other connected devices.
Motive's end-to-end service delivery tools will enable Telefonica Argentina to improve the performance of the network, back-office systems and connected Android™ devices to provide a more seamless service experience for consumers.
By collecting and analyzing data from the network core though a mobile handset, Telefonica Argentina can automatically diagnose and resolve issues before they become problems for customers, and when they do, use improved customer care workflows to reduce support calls and handling times. Through improved management of device touchpoints, the operator can provide its customers with more control over their mobile device usage.
- Telefonica Argentina is the first Latin American service provider to deploy Alcatel-Lucent's customer management solution for mobile Android support. It includes the Motive Mobile Device Manager (MDM), Service Management Platform (SMP) and Customer Service Console (CSC). Android subscribers are Telefonica Argentina's largest customer base.
- Telefonica Argentina currently uses the Alcatel-Lucent's Motive Home Device Manager (HDM) and Broadband Care Manager (BCM).
- Combining new and existing customer experience tools enables Telefonica Argentina to provide the end-user with a high-quality experience regardless of the communications link and the device being used.
- Alcatel-Lucent's integrated customer experience solution helps Telefonica Argentina build stronger, longer-lasting brand loyalty by addressing its customers' needs beyond device management to streamlined self- and agent-assisted care within both a fixed and wireless environment.
- When smartphones and tablets are returned, it is often because consumers encounter problems getting them to work. Yet, in a majority of cases, there is no issue found. Making devices and services simpler to use and configure not only improves the customer experience, but also minimizes the customer support burden on the service provider
Jose Luis Caresani, Head of Broadband Services, Telefonica Argentina said: "Connectivity is increasingly central to our lives and work. However, those new technologies can bring added complexity. Our customers not only want their devices to bring them new experiences, but they want them to deliver it in a way that is also easy and relatively transparent. Using Customer Experience tools from Motive allows us to do just that remotely, sometimes without the customer even being aware."
Osvaldo Di Campli, President of Alcatel-Lucent's Caribbean and Latin America region, said: "Consumers expect their devices or services to work and when they don't it negatively impacts their experience. Alcatel-Lucent is helping operators offer a superior experience to their customers by going beyond the quick resolution of such problems within call centers to anticipating and self-healing potential issues with application and devices before they ever reach consumers."
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
The long-trusted partner of service providers, enterprises and governments around the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a leading innovator in the field of networking and communications technology, products and services. The company is home to Bell Labs, one of the world's foremost research centers, responsible for breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry.
Alcatel-Lucent innovations are regularly recognized by international institutions for their positive impact on society. In 2012 and for the second year running, Alcatel-Lucent was named one of the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators, recognition for the company's continued addition to its world-class patent portfolio, one of the largest in the telecom industry. Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for its sustainability performance. In 2012 the company was ranked Technology Supersector Leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Through its innovations, Alcatel-Lucent is making communications more sustainable, more affordable and more accessible as we pursue our mission of Realizing the Potential of a Connected World.
With operations throughout the world, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The Company achieved revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012 and is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Professional Services
- Technology & Electronics
- Euronext Paris
- customer experience