WASHINGTON, D.C. --(Marketwired - April 03, 2013) - Gallup announces 32 distinguished organizations are recipients of the 2013 Gallup Great Workplace Award. Each year Gallup recognizes exceptional organizations whose leadership understands that employee engagement drives real business outcomes and who have mastered how to engage their workforces.
Gallup Great Workplace Award winners span the globe and represent all facets of business from healthcare to hospitality, retail to manufacturing, and banks to insurance. These award winners average a ratio of engaged employees to actively disengaged employees that is more than five times the national ratio and more than 20 times the ratio of workforces globally.
The 2013 Gallup Great Workplace Award recipients are:
- ABC Supply Co., Inc. (seven-time winner)
- Adventist Health System (three-time winner)
- Alegent Creighton Health (two-time winner)
- Atlantica Hotels International (five-time winner)
- Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited
- Bon Secours Health System (two-time winner)
- Charles Schwab (two-time winner)
- Cleveland Clinic
- Compassion International (two-time winner)
- DBS Bank
- DTE Energy
- Fairmont Raffles Hotels International (FRHI) (two-time winner)
- Fifth Third Bancorp (two-time winner)
- Hawaii Pacific Health (two-time winner)
- Hendrick Medical Center (seven-time winner)
- Henry Ford Health System
- Hospital for Special Surgery (two-time winner)
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation (two-time winner)
- Indian Hotels Company Limited (four-time winner)
- Intermountain Healthcare (three-time winner)
- LS travel retail, North America
- Mars, Inc. (four-time winner)
- MemorialCare Health System (three-time winner)
- Nationwide (two-time winner)
- PNC (five-time winner)
- Provident Penzugyi Zrt
- RSA (two-time winner)
- Self Regional Healthcare (six-time winner)
- Stryker (six-time winner)
- Transitions Optical, Inc. (four-time winner)
- WellStar Health System (two-time winner)
- Winegardner & Hammons, Inc. (seven-time winner)
"These award-winning organizations set a new standard for workplace excellence," says Dr. James Harter, Gallup's chief scientist. "They have proven track records for improving lives along with performance. The management tenets they practice have proven value in both thriving and struggling economies overall."
Each of the award recipients have shown a quantifiable impact as a result of having a more engaged workforce, and they have achieved this by integrating engagement into four areas that Gallup has identified as vital to cultivating a workplace culture of engagement:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Accountability and Performance
- Communication and Knowledge Management
- Development and Ongoing Learning
Gallup will formally present the winners with their awards during the 2013 Gallup Great Workplace Summit, May 7-9, 2013.
About the Gallup Great Workplace Award
The Gallup Great Workplace Award is based on multiple criteria, including overall engagement levels and evidence of engagement impact on key business metrics. Gallup compares applicants' results across its renowned workplace research database composed of millions of work teams in more than 170 countries. A panel of workplace experts reviews each organization's impact portfolio, which includes quantitative and qualitative components.
Gallup delivers forward-thinking research, analytics, and advice to help leaders solve their most pressing problems. Combining more than 75 years of experience with its global reach, Gallup knows more about the attitudes and behaviors of the world's constituents, employees, and customers than any other organization.
Gallup consultants help private and public sector organizations boost organic growth through measurement tools, strategic advice, and education. Gallup's 2,000 professionals deliver services at client organizations, through the Web, and in nearly 40 offices around the world.
- Sports & Recreation