MISSION, KS--(Marketwired - Apr 11, 2013) - (Family Features) Getting ready for swimsuit season is easy with a few small changes to your routine, along with some satisfying and flavorful snacks. By following a few simple habits, you'll be stepping into that swimsuit with a smile on your face.
Here are 5 easy tips to reshape your swimsuit season mindset:
- Snack smart - When snacking on-the-go, pack a couple of The Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges with baby carrots or whole wheat crackers. This satisfying snack will combat hunger without impacting the results of your hard work.
- Think 50/50 - When making a meal, aim to have fruits and veggies make up about half of your plate. All of the brightly colored produce fills you up and packs tons of nutrients into your diet!
- Get inspired - Create an online inspiration board with workouts, healthy recipes, and your summer wardrobe wish list. This is a great source of motivation, which will keep you on track towards a healthier lifestyle, and may even inspire friends and family.
- Stay hydrated - Aim to drink one gallon of water each day. This will help prevent dehydration while you're out playing in the sun, plus it'll keep you feeling full and keep those junk food cravings to a minimum.
- Mix it up - Try adding a fun, new workout class to your routine, like kickboxing. Or when it's nice outside, take a walk around your neighborhood and soak up some sun! Trying new and exciting things will bring a smile to your face while fitting in a workout.
Find more activities, snacks and swimsuit season tips at www.thelaughingcow.com.
Need a crunchy cool-down? Try this simple recipe which combines the freshness of cucumber and sweet cranberries, along with rich and creamy wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss.
|Cranberry Topped Cheese and Cucumber "Crackers"|
|Yields 10 "crackers"|
|1||wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss|
|1/2||fresh cucumber sliced (about 10 slices)|
Spread one wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese evenly on the cucumber slices. Top each with about 2 dried cranberries.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
- Arts & Entertainment