Foreclosure filings were up 3 percent nationally from September to October. According to RealtyTrac, a California-based firm that tracks foreclosures, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in October. Nationally, 1 in every 706 housing units received a foreclosure filing last month.
Did your state make the top 10 foreclosure list?
|States1||Average price2||Ratio of foreclosures3||Rates4||Income tax5|
|$265,901||1:379||3.44%||1.25% to 10.3%|
|$150,985||1:420||3.44%||2.59% to 4.54%|
|$113,589||1:439||3.38%||1% to 6%|
|$76,558||1:476||3.41%||0.578% to 5.925%|
|$132,284||1:601||3.33%||Up to 7%|
- 1States: According to RealtyTrac, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in October.
- 2Average price: The average price of all properties sold during the month that were in some state of foreclosure.
- 3Ratio of foreclosures: Ratio is based on the total number of properties entered into RealtyTrac’s database during the month, broken out by type of filing.
- 4Rates: Average interest rate charged in the state for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage based on Bankrate.com's Nov. 15, 2012, overnight averages.
- 5Income tax: The range of taxes levied by states on personal income. The tax is based on earned and unearned income.
More From Bankrate.com
- Real Estate