Here are the Top 5 donations to U.S. colleges or universities in 2013, according to The Chronicle of Higher Education.
1. $350 million from New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to Johns Hopkins University.
2. $250 million from the A. Eugene Brockman Charitable Trust to Centre College.
3. $200 million from New York real estate magnate and Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross to the University of Michigan.
4. $151 million from real estate developer John Arrillaga to Stanford University.
5. $133 million from Qualcomm Inc. co-founder Irwin Jacobs and Joan Klein Jacobs to Cornell University and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology.
- Johns Hopkins University