Travelers using CheapOair to search and book flights on over 450 airlines this winter will find affordable travel deals, even during the holiday season. According to CheapOair booking data, travelers can visit popular domestic U.S. destinations for an average of $367 on a roundtrip flight, making it possible to see friends and family, or experience new destinations.
Where is the new class of thrifty jet setters flying this winter? The list isn’t too different from last year, with the exception of an increase in bookings to south Florida for the winter months. Orlando remains the No. 1 domestic U.S. destination, appealing to a wide range of customers, with other Florida destinations like Fort Lauderdale at the top of the list. Here are the top five destinations:
- Orlando. Visitors to Orlando enjoy popular theme parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World, but a trip to Florida can be enhanced by driving an hour east to Cocoa Beach. Travelers can surf, fish, golf or relax at the closest beach to the parks in Orlando, and even see what’s going on at the Kennedy Space Center. Average airfare: $373
- Las Vegas. For travelers looking to experience landmarks from New York, Paris and Egypt all in one destination, Las Vegas is the perfect spot! This city has the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel tower and a pyramid, in addition to its world famous casinos. Many Las Vegas attractions, like the Bellagio Fountains and the Grand Canal Shops, can be experienced for free. Average airfare: $329
- Los Angeles. For a travel experience that is both entertaining and relaxing, Los Angeles offers a variety of options for visitors including window shopping on Rodeo Drive, walking down the Hollywood Walk of Fame, winding down on the Pacific Coast Highway and experiencing the renowned Getty Center. Budget conscious travelers can save their money for celebrity sighting at restaurants like the Japanese-inspired Koi. Average airfare: $401
- Fort Lauderdale. For a quieter spot than its neighbor to the south, Miami, Fort Lauderdale is known for its year-round warm weather, beaches and nightlife along Las Olas Boulevard. Also more laid back than Palm Beach, its neighbor in the north, visitors can enjoy surf shops and casual dining along the water like Cap’s Place Island Restaurant, dating back to the 1920s. Average airfare: $377
- Denver. Consistently topping CheapOair’s list of top destinations, airfare to Denver is typically always one of the most affordable. Favorites in Denver include The Green Russell, a prohibition-style speakeasy with decently-priced drinks and food. Outside the city, Red Rocks Amphitheatre is both a park with hiking and biking trails and an outdoor venue for concerts. Average airfare: $317
To be the first to know, visit http://newsletter.cheapoair.com/ and sign up to have CheapOair’s travel deals, tips and more sent directly to your inbox.
Fares are roundtrip, and include CheapOair service fees and taxes. Fares are based on bookings between 11/15/13-2/28/14, are subject to change and cannot be guaranteed at the time of booking.
CheapOair scans over 450 airlines in seconds to return guaranteed low prices on flights, hotels, car rentals and vacation packages, making planning and booking trips easy and hassle-free. With 24-hour support by phone and live chat, award-winning apps for iPhone and Android, and travel tips on Facebook and Twitter, CheapOair makes affordable travel possible anytime, anywhere.
More from Manilla.com: