LAGUNA BEACH, CA--(Marketwired - May 28, 2013) - Last week at the Future in Review (FiRe) Conference, Chairman Mark R. Anderson presented awards recognizing major technology and thought leaders for their world changing efforts.
- Company of the Year Award -- Graphene Technologies, San Francisco, CA
- CEO of the Year Award -- Leroy Hood, President of Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award -- Kevin Montgomery, CEO of Intelesense Technologies, Milipitas, CA
- Philanthropist of the Year -- Paul Shoemaker, Executive Director, Social Venture Partners, Seattle, WA
In addition, Anderson named several FiRe Ambassadors including:
- Ambassador for Asia Research -- Scott Foster, Advisor, Triple A Partners, Japan
- Ambassador for Education -- David Engle, SNS Project Inkwell, Washington
- Ambassador for Ocean Health -- Roger Payne, Founder, Ocean Alliance, Vermont
- Ambassador for Science Fiction -- David Brin, Physicist and Author, California
- Ambassador for Wireless Research -- Chetan Sharma, President, Chetan Sharma Consulting, Washington
"We are proud to honor these individuals and organizations for the critical work they do in their respective sectors. FiRe is about technology and the economy, and helping our participants gain the most accurate view in these integrated areas during the next 3-5 years," said Mark Anderson, FiRe Chair and SNS CEO. "These award recipients and ambassadors will connect our global communities to what is real, in positive and constructive ongoing projects."
Current FiRe Ambassadors include:
- Ambassador for Pure Science -- Larry Smarr, Director, Calit2 and Qualcomm Institute, UCSD/UCI
- Ambassador for Cloud Computing -- Gregory Ness, CloudVelocity
- Ambassador for Angel Investing -- John Petote, CIO Solutions; and Angel Investor
- Ambassador for Education -- Frank Catalano, Founder, Intrinsic Strategy
- Ambassador for Film: -- Geralyn Dreyfous, Impact Partners and Utah Film Center
Future in Review is an annual gathering of world-class thought leaders in technology and economics, convened each year with the goals of providing the best look forward in these fields, and of using technology to solve major world challenges. These goals have been consistently achieved through FiRe's collaboration across disparate industries and through active support from the FiRe community. Next year, FiRe 2014 will be held May 20-23 at the Montage Hotel in Laguna Beach, California.
To register, and to see the current list of FiRe participants and selected speakers, go to www.futureinreview.com.
Strategic News Service was founded by Mark Anderson in 1995 as the first subscriber-based online news service. Since its inception, SNS has proven the most accurate predictive report covering technology and the global economy. Its subscribers include top managers at technology and finance companies across the globe, including Oracle, Microsoft, Dell, HP, Cisco, Intel, Google, British Telecom, SpaceX, Amazon, Telstra, and others.
SNS has been operating the annual FiRe Conference since 2003. FiRe exposes world experts and participants to new ideas, and conversations about them, producing an accurate portrait of the future; and focuses on creating technology solutions to current local and global problems. FiRe 2013 will take place May 21-24 at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach, CA. For more information go to www.futureinreview.com.
Future in Review™ is a Strategic News Service™ conference. Future in Review and Strategic News Service (SNS) are registered international trademarks. The SNS Global Report is the most accurate publicly ranked predictive newsletter in computing and communications.