SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire -07/26/12)-
Core News Facts:
- Topsy, the leading realtime social search and analytics provider, today announced it will be releasing on-the-spot data and analysis throughout the 2012 London Olympics.
- Topsy will provide Olympic fans with realtime insight into Olympic events to determine which topics are getting the most attention on Twitter to better understand what fans and viewers are thinking.
- This realtime insight will encompass mention, sentiment analysis and share of voice metrics, using Topsy's proprietary analytics technology.
- The following reports will span throughout the duration of the 2012 Olympics and will be pushed out each week starting the week of July 23 to Aug. 13:
- Weekly Leaderboard Updates - visually see which athletes from all over the globe are in the lead after the day's events and which are potential medal contenders
- Opening Ceremony Sentiment - get insight into what people are saying and feeling, both positive and negative, about the London opening ceremony
- Rivalries - compare athlete rivalries by seeing who is gaining the most traction and popularity on Twitter, from total mentions to realtime sentiment of what viewers think of each athlete and the rivalry overall
- Key categories - by looking at which athletes and events are being talked about the most, see which Olympic events are trending and considered the most popular
- Olympics Wrap-up - view a complete summary of Topsy's Olympics data along with a visual infographic of the leading athletes, sports, medal-winning countries and more
- To give a sampling of the data Topsy is capable of providing each week, the company recently pulled an analysis around Twitter mentions for the Olympics scandal involving Team USA's Olympic uniforms.
- Topsy found that while Twitter mentions of the news jumped to 17K mentions in one day, it was a miniscule amount compared to the 61K mentions the Olympic Games had received to date that same day
- Topsy's analysis of this news proved that while hot at that time, the uniform news would calm down and not tarnish the excitement around the Olympic Games
- Topsy operates the world's only index of the public social web, providing comprehensive analyses of tens of billions of Tweets and leverages these social conversations to index, analyze and rank content on web pages across millions of unique sites.
- For a full analysis and explanation of each weekly Olympic report, visit Topsy's blog: http://topsylabs.com/company/blog/.
Duncan Greatwood, CEO of Topsy Labs
"The Olympics are a monumental event for our country and the world as a whole, and Topsy is thrilled to experience the games with fans all over the world via Twitter. This event is the perfect opportunity for us to showcase our realtime analytics while providing interesting and relevant Olympic information to fans, viewers and participants. Topsy is the only platform that can analyze Twitter information by relevance and influence in realtime, and we hope this data serves as a valuable resource for all."
About Topsy Labs:
Topsy Labs is a realtime search and analytics platform powered by the social web. Every day, Topsy indexes, measures and live-ranks links, comments, pictures, videos and web pages from over a quarter billion social posts to bring consumers and businesses the freshest content and most valuable social web metrics. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2006, Topsy is backed by BlueRun Ventures, Ignition Partners, Founders Fund and Scott Banister. For more information visit: www.topsylabs.com.