REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 22, 2013) - Oracle (
To maintain highly safe and reliable operations, organizations in the nuclear energy sector face a number of unique and complex industry demands. In order to meet these demands and support its continued growth, Toshiba America Nuclear Energy Corporation (TANE) selected Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Oracle Applications Managed Cloud Service. With enterprise-grade, end-to-end managed cloud services, TANE was able to quickly benefit from a robust, cost-effective, secure and highly available enterprise application framework.
- To support its business growth while meeting complex industry compliance requirements, Toshiba America Nuclear Energy Corporation (TANE) has implemented Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Oracle Managed Cloud Services.
- In order to meet its business objectives, TANE needed a single, modern and scalable business applications suite to standardize and accelerate processes, extend visibility across the enterprise, and help ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- After a competitive review, TANE chose Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle Applications Managed Cloud Service for JD Edwards for managing its business.
- With enterprise-grade, end-to-end managed cloud services, TANE was able to eliminate the need for capital investment in additional IT infrastructure and accelerate time to deployment for new projects.
- By providing a flexible, comprehensive and integrated platform, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has also enabled TANE to optimize ROI by eliminating inefficient manual business processes and introducing best practices for financial management, procurement, job costing and billing.
- Automating complex business processes has allowed TANE to increase visibility into its operations and reduce the time taken to close financial books from one-and-a-half weeks to just two days.
- The combination of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle Managed Cloud Services has also provided TANE with disaster recovery capabilities that protect its intellectual property, including information on its nuclear power plant customers and projects.
- In addition, following the 2011 Tohoko earthquake in Japan, Oracle Managed Cloud Services provided 24/7 support for business-critical systems that helped TANE keep in-house IT operations up and running during a critical time, as many TANE employees were in Japan providing support for damaged nuclear power facilities.
- TANE worked with Infosys, a Diamond level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), to support the implementation and was able to provision its first JD Edwards EnterpriseOne environment in just three weeks.
- "In order to focus on our continued growth, we needed to quickly implement a modern IT infrastructure without committing significant time, resources and capital," said Ted Pichalski, Director, Information, Technology, Toshiba America Nuclear Energy Corporation. "Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications suite hosted by Oracle Managed Cloud Services gives us a robust, cost-effective and highly available enterprise application platform; helping us grow our business by providing the infrastructure we need, when we need it."
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Toshiba America Nuclear Energy Video
Oracle Cloud Solutions
Oracle provides the industry's broadest and most complete portfolio of public, private and hybrid cloud offerings. Oracle Cloud delivers a broad suite of subscription-based, enterprise-grade Application, Social, Platform and Infrastructure Services. Oracle also provides a comprehensive portfolio of Managed Cloud Services for Oracle applications and technology deployed in a private cloud, and cloud products for customers looking to build and manage their own clouds.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Oracle applications