BERLIN--(Marketwired - Apr 3, 2013) - Today Triposo announces new features for its iOS app that combine social reviews with its proprietary algorithms to help travelers discover the best of the best according to locals and fellow travelers. The app also features a social-sharing function that doubles as a digital scrapbook of your travels. Additionally, to help you wander without being totally lost, Triposo's integration with skobbler's open-source mapping software now gives users access to high-quality, detailed maps -- even while offline.
"We believe that the best part of travel is exploring. You may do some planning in advance, but you make the most important decisions on the spot," said Douwe Osinga, CEO and co-founder of Triposo. "If you're wandering around Barcelona and feel like having a beer, you probably want to be able to find a good bar without going through a long, confusing list. That's why we have introduced our new 'Best For' badges. They are based on what people say on social media about all of the places in our guides. In this case, Triposo would point you to Cerveceria Catalana, since people rave about it both for beer and tapas. When combined with ratings and reviews we believe this is the perfect tool to help travelers discover great new places. Plus, with skobbler maps, they won't have to worry about getting lost while they wander and explore a new place."
"We're thrilled to add the functionality of our high-quality maps to Triposo's travel apps," said Philipp Kandal, CTO of skobbler. "We're especially proud of the maps' data efficiency, which allows Triposo to offer highly detailed maps that load quickly and take up very little space within the app. This integration will allow us to reach even more travelers, helping them get where they're going without hassle, even when they aren't connected to WiFi. It's a natural partnership for us with Triposo, and we look forward to building our travel offerings together."
The new app features include:
- Restaurant Discovery: Get a taste of local culture in the best way possible: through its cuisine.
- "Best-For" badges highlight the restaurants and bars which have the most positive social media mentions for specific dishes and drinks.
- Gives users access to thousands of reviews right within the Triposo interface, to help you make travel choices with confidence.
- Social Sharing: Share your adventures with friends and fellow travelers alike. Users can:
- Share ideas, suggestions and pictures with each other for inspiration and advice
- Access a stream of destination specific-information from friends and like-minded travelers.
- Automatically create beautiful, organized records of their trips
- Detailed Offline Maps: The integration with skobbler gives travelers access to the highest-quality maps available today.
- Proprietary software provides easy-to-navigate maps that help travelers find their way no matter where they are.
- Granular detail means travelers can wander even the smallest of streets in the most exotic locations without getting lost.
- As before, users will be able to download city and country guides and have access to these maps offline while traveling.
- Dynamic, Personalized Notifications: Customized push notifications alert travelers to fun things to do and see as soon as they arrive in a new place, ensuring that you'll never miss a great experience that's right around the corner.
- Island Guides: By popular demand, the new version features special guides dedicated to various popular island destinations around the world, including Tenerife, Koh Samui and Crete.
With Triposo's city, state and country guides downloaded to your phone -- complete with skobbler-powered maps, plus awesome social features -- you won't have to worry about planning ahead (or tracking down a Wi-Fi hotspot.) Just grab Triposo and go!
Built by and for travelers, Triposo is a living, breathing travel guide. Triposo delivers in-depth information and detailed maps for more than 15,000 destinations and 400,000 points of interest in every country in the world. Triposo considers information such as location, time, personal preferences and weather to help you discover the world and get the most out of your travels. Available on iPads and smartphones, Triposo has been downloaded more than three million times. Triposo's investors include InterWest Partners, CrunchFund, Chris Sacca and Lars Rasmussen. Pack light. All you need is Triposo.
Founded in 2008, Berlin-based skobbler is one of the premier players in mobile location-aware services. With over 3 million customers on iOS alone, skobbler has regularly topped overall and category app charts in more than 20 countries, leading the way in the development of location technology and end consumer products based on the OpenStreetMap. This experience also facilitates skobbler's development projects for third parties. Based on the skobbler GeOS map access technology, companies can base their location-aware web or mobile services on the OpenStreetMap.
- Technology & Electronics
- Travel & Tourism
LaunchSquad for Triposo