EAST HANOVER, N.J., June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Triscuit, the ever-popular cracker brand, and Martha Stewart, the ultimate food and entertaining expert, announce an exclusive partnership with the launch of the Triscuit Summer Snackoff, a series of four recipe challenges. Every other week, from now until August 24th, Martha Stewart will debut a new recipe featuring a different seasonal ingredient on www.triscuitsummersnackoff.com, encouraging fans to develop and submit their own Triscuit creations using Martha Stewart's seasonally-inspired selection.
"This summer, I'm excited to share my favorite seasonal ingredients on a Triscuit. I can't wait to see how our fans share their creativity during the Triscuit Summer Snackoff," says Martha Stewart.
Today, Martha Stewart helps kick off the first of four Triscuit Summer Snackoff challenges by sharing her Toasted Marshmallow Berry Bite recipe (see below), featuring berries as the first seasonally-inspired ingredient on a Triscuit (www.triscuitsummersnackoff.com).
HOW IT WORKS:
- Enter: With each challenge, fans will be asked to post their own recipe and a photo of their Triscuit creation using the featured ingredient selected by Martha Stewart.
- Win: The first 5,000 entrants from each of the four challenges will win a free box of Triscuit crackers, and all entrants will be eligible to win a Triscuit and Martha Stewart gift basket.
- Vote: Once all four challenges conclude, the top 25 entries across all four challenges will be selected based on creativity, originality and taste appeal. Consumers will then be invited to vote for their favorite recipe.
- Grand Prize: The individual who receives the most votes for their creation will win a trip to New York City to meet Martha Stewart.
"We are always looking to our fans for new and inspiring ways to top our Triscuit crackers. Like Triscuit, Martha has roots in wholesome and inspired recipes, which is why it made sense for her to encourage others to share their favorite Triscuit recipes," explains Patty Gonzalez, Senior Brand Manager at Mondelez International. "We look forward to further growing our relationship with Martha Stewart in the coming months."
For over a century, Triscuit has remained committed to producing products baked with whole grain wheat, and now offers additional varieties of crackers with brown rice and other surprising real food ingredients such as sweet potato and red bean. Triscuit products are available in the cracker aisle at retailers nationwide, and sell for a suggested retail price of $3.69 for a 9oz box. For additional information and news on this partnership be sure to follow @TheRealTriscuit on Twitter and on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Triscuit.
Toasted Marshmallow Berry Bites
Makes 24 Topped Triscuit Crackers
Active time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
2 cups mixed berries, raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons sugar
24 Triscuit Original Crackers (from one 9 ounce box)
12 large marshmallows, halved
- Combine the mixed berries (slice larger ones) with the sugar. Let stand stirring occasionally until juicy and berries have softened, 45 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the Triscuit Crackers on a rimmed baking sheet. Top each with half a marshmallow. Place under broiler until golden and bubbling, about 1 minute. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Spoon a strained tablespoon of fruit over each marshmallow-toasted cracker, and serve immediately.
About Mondelez International
Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ) is a global snacking powerhouse, with 2013 revenue of $35 billion. Creating delicious moments of joy in 165 countries, Mondelez International is a world leader in chocolate, biscuits, gum, candy, coffee and powdered beverages, with billion-dollar brands such as Cadbury, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate, Jacobs coffee, LU, Nabisco and Oreo biscuits, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gum. Mondelez International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor's 500, NASDAQ 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com and www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational.
About Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (MSO) is a diversified media and merchandising company, inspiring and engaging consumers with unique lifestyle content and distinctive products. The Company reaches approximately 100 million consumers across all media platforms each month and has a growing retail presence in thousands of retail locations. MSLO's media brands, available across multiple platforms, include Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Everyday Food; the Company also offers books and utility Apps. MSLO's television and video programming includes "Martha Stewart's Cooking School" and "Martha Bakes" series on PBS, in addition to made-for-the-web video and a vast library of how-to content available online. Martha Live, a radio show hosted by Martha Stewart, airs every weekday on SIRIUS XM Channel 107. MSLO also designs high-quality Martha Stewart products in a range of lifestyle categories available through select retailers, including The Home Depot, Macy's, jcpenney, Staples (together with Avery), PetSmart, Michaels and Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores. The MSLO family of brands also includes Chef Emeril Lagasse's media and merchandising properties. Additional information about MSLO is at www.marthastewart.com.
Contact: Michael Riggio
- Consumer Discretionary
- Arts & Entertainment
- Martha Stewart
- Martha Stewart Living
- Mondelez International