U.S. budget cuts to trim 2013 bookings by $400 million-$600 million: Raytheon

RELATED QUOTES

SymbolPriceChange
RTN62.500.84

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Mandatory U.S. budget cuts that took effect on March 1 will likely trim Raytheon Co's (RTN.N) U.S. bookings by $400 million to $600 million this year, as expected, but no new surprises have emerged, the company's chief financial officer said on Thursday.

David Wajsgras, senior vice president and CFO, told Reuters in an interview that Raytheon's first-quarter results exceeded the company's expectations and its businesses remained well-aligned with the U.S. government's priorities in missile defense, electronic warfare and cyber operations.

Wajsgras said Raytheon continues to see strong international demand for its products, and international bookings are expected to rise 20 percent in 2013 to account for 36 percent of total bookings. As a result, international sales would comprise about 27 to 29 percent of the company's revenues in 2013, he said.

(Reporting by Andrea Shalal-Esa; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)

  •  
    Recent Quotes
    Symbol Price Change % ChgChart 
    Your most recently viewed tickers will automatically show up here if you type a ticker in the "Enter symbol/company" at the bottom of this module.
    You need to enable your browser cookies to view your most recent quotes.
  • Recent Quotes News

    •  
      Sign-in to view quotes in your portfolios.

    Trading Center

    Yahoo! Finance on Facebook

    POLL

    Jobless claims fell to a 5-year low last week, sparking another rally. Do you believe the economy is back on solid footing?

    Loading...
    Poll Choice Options