>>IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Please replace the photos with the accompanying corrected photos.
The release reads:
USMD HOLDINGS, INC. COMBINES WITH ASSOCIATES IN UROLOGY; DR. PUMPHREY AND DR. WALTER JOIN USMD TEAM
USMD Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: USMD), a physician-led integrated health system, announces that USMD Holdings has acquired the assets of Associates in Urology, a Fort Worth-based urology practice group. As a result, Dr. John Pumphrey and Dr. Michael Walter will join USMD’s physician group.
Drs. Pumphrey and Walter bring the total number of USMD urologists to 57, further strengthening USMD’s commitment to caring for and treating patients with urologic conditions across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. USMD operates one of the largest fully integrated urology groups in the nation. As an integrated group, USMD has the ability to refer patients to other specialists within the group, if needed, who treat a broad spectrum of urologic conditions, including:
- Prostate cancer, which affects more than 234,000 men nationally each year and is the third leading cause of death among U.S. men.
- Kidney cancer, which affects nearly 38,000 Americans each year and is the cause of death for nearly 12,000 Americans annually.
- Bladder cancer, which is the sixth most common cancer across the country—nearly 53,200 Americans are diagnosed with bladder cancer each year.
- Kidney stones, which are the most common disorder of the urinary tract and account for more than one million visits to health care providers and more than 300,000 emergency room visits nationally each year.
- Urinary tract infections, which are the second most common infection in the body and account for nearly 7 million visits nationally to health care providers each year.
“I am pleased to welcome Dr. Pumphrey and Dr. Walter to the USMD team,” said John House, M.D., chairman and chief executive officer of USMD Holdings. “USMD is an integrated health system providing services in nearly 20 different specialties. I believe joining the USMD team will provide numerous benefits to current and future patients of Drs. Pumphrey and Walter and it will help ensure that USMD is well positioned to care for the growing needs of patients across the DFW area.”
Dr. Pumphrey completed his medical training at Texas Tech School of Medicine and his residency in urology at University of Louisville. Dr. Pumphrey is Board Certified in Urology and has more than 20 years of experience treating patients.
Dr. Walter completed his medical training at Harvard Medical School and his residency in urology at Parkland Memorial Hospital. Dr. Walter is Board Certified in Urology and has more than 30 years of experience treating patients.
About USMD Holdings, Inc.
USMD is a publicly held (USMD), physician-led, integrated health system committed to exemplary patient care. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in just under 20 different specialties at its two hospitals, nine cancer treatment centers and nearly 70 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty. All 26 of USMD’s primary care clinics have been accredited by the Patient-Centered Medical Home Program, a recognition program that is part of the National Committee for Quality Assurance. This recognition means that USMD’s primary care clinics successfully display and utilize evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated patient care and long-term patient relationships. For more information about USMD, visit www.usmd.com.
- Health Care Industry
- Medical Specialties & Services
Megan Reisig, 214-493-4024