Valence Health, a leading provider of clinical integration, population health and financial risk management solutions, today announced its first annual thought leadership conference, further 2013. Scheduled for November 12-13, 2013 in Chicago, further 2013 is a unique meeting of healthcare leaders dedicated to helping provider organizations move beyond the rhetoric regarding accountable care organizations and value-based care, and discuss at an operational level, how to make the volume-to-value transition.
Attendees of further 2013 will hear a keynote address from Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), and have the opportunity to participate in numerous breakout sessions, workshops and networking events. Other featured speakers at the event include:
- Tarek Elsawy, MD, FACP, Chief Medical Officer, Cleveland Clinic Community Physician Partnership and the Quality Alliance;
- George Lynn, former CEO of AtlantiCare and two-time American Hospital Association board chair;
- Bob Sheehy, operating partner at Genstar Capital and former chief executive officer at UnitedHealthcare; and
- Chris Kryder, MD, founder and former CEO of D2Hawkeye.
further 2013 will provide attending executives with practical, real-world recommendations from experts that have already successfully made the volume-to-value transition. Key questions to be addressed at further 2013 include:
- What value-based options are truly viable and how do providers drive value?
- How do provider organizations effectively manage the transition period, with one foot on the fee-for-service dock and one foot on the boat of value-based care?
- How should organizations manage the cultural and change management issues arising from the transition from fee-for-service to value-based care models?
- What technology solutions are required to be successful?
- How do organizations generate realistic financial projections?
The conference is intended for c-suite executives from hospitals, health systems and other provider organizations. The full agenda and registration information is located at: http://www.valencehealth.com/further2013.
The winners of the Valence Health Pathfinder Accelerator Grant program will also be announced during further 2013. This program is the first of its kind designed to award $1 million in funds to help provider organizations more effectively and rapidly transition from volume-based to value-based delivery models. For more information about the grant, visit: www.valencehealth.com/pathfindergrant.
About Valence Health
Valence Health provides healthcare organization solutions for value-based care, helping them better manage their patient populations and accept financial responsibility for the quality of the care they provide. With unique data collection and analysis solutions, Valence Health has emerged as a leader in population management and clinical integration, serving dozens of clients from physician groups to standalone hospitals to large IDNs such as Cleveland Clinic. In-depth actuarial analysis combined with operational excellence allows Valence to not only advise but also provide ongoing services to provider organizations operating under various value-based reimbursement models. From risk-based contracting to accountable care organizations (ACOs) to administering provider-sponsored health plans, Valence has been helping providers appropriately accept and manage financial responsibility while improving clinical quality since 1996. Headquartered in Chicago, with three other office locations, Valence Health serves more than 30,000 physicians and 100 hospitals, helping them manage the health of 15 million patients nationwide. Follow Valence Health on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Health Care Industry
Brittany Cusick, 617-986-5833