LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Apr 18, 2013) - Schwartz Tilson Information, Inc. today unveiled a new, expanded format for the 8th Annual Spring Value Investing Congress, its first event in Las Vegas, to be held May 6 and 7. The new format will include more than 25 leading speakers -- twice as many as past Congresses -- and highlight a number of rising stars in the hedge fund industry. To reflect the expanding global investment universe and complement domestic opportunities, Congress attendees will also hear from some of the top international value investors and take advantage of an expanded networking focus during an insightful Think Tank Lunch.
"We are continually evolving our events to provide new value for our attendees, many of whom return year after year," said John L. Schwartz, M.D., co-founder and chairman of Schwartz Tilson Information. "We're thrilled to be in Las Vegas for the first time -- and with many more exciting speakers and elements, this is sure to be one of our best events yet. As the go-to conference for serious value investors, we wanted to ensure that this spring's Congress would exceed our attendees' expectations."
New and enhanced elements include:
- More Speakers: The expanded speaker roster has been structured to create a livelier pace. With more than 25 speakers, attendees will hear many more ideas from some of the top minds.
- Rising Stars: These emerging or low profile money managers have established their investment prowess while flying below the radar. Each will present an exciting current investment idea.
- Global Value: An unprecedented lineup of international value investing notables will grace the stage. This year's lineup will focus on identifying profitable investments in Canada, Korea, Israel, India, Iraq, Mongolia and more.
- The Think Tank Lunch: Lunch will be guided by moderators who will lead informal discussions on a variety of timely topics in value investing. The Think Tank Lunch promises to be a great way to share ideas and network with other like-minded investors.
The following are confirmed speakers for the 8th Annual Spring Value Investing Congress:
- Joe Altman, COMPOUND Capital Management
- Zeke Ashton, Centaur Capital Partners
- Geoffrey Batt, Euphrates Advisors
- Mark A. Boyar, Boyar Value Group
- Zack Buckley, Buckley Capital Partners
- Tim Eriksen, Eriksen Capital Management
- Ori Eyal, Emerging Value Capital Management
- Phillip Goldstein, Bulldog Investors
- Guy Gottfried, Rational Investment Group
- John Hempton, Bronte Capital
- David Hurwitz, SC Fundamental
- Cara Jacobsen, D3 Family Funds
- Vitaliy Katsenelson, Investment Management Associates
- Harris Kupperman, Mongolia Growth Group
- Chris Kyriopoulos, COMPOUND Capital Management
- Chan H. Lee, Petra Capital Management
- Marcelo Lima, Heller House
- Chris Mayer, Capital & Crisis
- Christopher Mittleman, Mittleman Brothers
- David Nierenberg, D3 Family Funds
- Jeff Pintar, Pintar Investment Company
- Steven Romick, First Pacific Advisors
- Isaac Schwartz, Robotti & Company Advisors
- Amitabh Singhi, Surefin Investments
- Whitney R. Tilson, Kase Capital
- Albert H. Yong, Petra Capital Management
About the Value Investing Congress
Whitney Tilson and John L. Schwartz established the Value Investing Congress in 2004 so that passionate value investors -- disciples of Graham, Dodd, Buffett and Munger -- can meet and learn from one another and achieve even greater investment success. Tilson is one of the country's best known value investors and is the co-founder of Value Investor Insight. Schwartz is the founder and former CEO of Continuing Medical Education, Inc., the highly successful medical information company.
More information on the upcoming 8th Annual Spring Value Investing Congress is available at ValueInvestingCongress.com.