Job title: Vanguard ETF Counsel
Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 118372
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Vanguard ETF Counsel to represent Vanguard and its affiliates and subsidiaries with regard to various legal issues arising under particular areas of expertise.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts legal and/or factual research as necessary to support the needs and initiatives of the company.
- Drafts and negotiates, as applicable, various legal documents and items of legal significance, as necessary, such as regulatory filings, contracts, memoranda, position statements, correspondence, and other documents and instruments.
- Establishes and communicates company policy with regard to legal issues arising under particular areas of expertise.
- Provides assistance and support with regard to work being performed by outside counsel selected to represent Vanguard.
- Supports the training, development and substantive work of legal administrators, legal analysts and other non-lawyer professionals in the Legal Department.
- Ensures that legal matters implicating areas across the company are adequately addressed by recognizing legal issues when they arise, bringing those issues to the right people in the Legal Department; and where necessary, coordinating responses to BUs to ensure that all legal concerns are addressed in a clear and consistent manner.
- Assists and provides support for new services or initiatives undertaken by Vanguard.
- Develops and maintains expertise in applicable areas of the law, Vanguard’s business, and the mutual fund industry through attendance at functions discussing our business (e.g., Annual Meetings), keeping current on industry and regulatory developments affecting our business, fostering an interest in Vanguard’s initiatives and new services and products offered, and researching applicable law, reading legal publications, and/or attending legal seminars.
- Supports and advances the Legal Department’s other projects, endeavors and standards by maintaining the Legal Department’s standards (through work ethic, responsiveness to clients, attitude, adherence to the Vanguard Code of Ethics and exercise of good judgment), initiating and implementing new projects as necessary or appropriate, supporting the Department’s VUE efforts, and supporting the Department’s contingency efforts.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Graduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Law degree (J.D. or equivalent).
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated persuasive and influencing capabilities.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Demonstrated client relationship and communication skills.
- Six+ years of law firm, in-house or regulatory experience.
- Understanding and practical experience with the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Significant experience with exchange-traded funds (ETF’s).
- Demonstrated persuasive and influencing capabilities, coupled with business, financial, and legal sophistication related to work with senior management, regulators, and outside counsel.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Please apply online: http://adtrk.tw/3mZO1
The opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Tom Lydon, and may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used or construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any product.
- Company Legal & Law Matters
- Legal Department