The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended higher on Friday on growers' estimates that
output in the world's No. 2 producer had fallen steeply, and on floods that
could delay harvesting.
* Soybeans fell on Friday for the second straight day and ended nearly 1 percent
lower for the week under pressure from prospects for bumper crops in South
* U.S. oil ended with its largest weekly percentage gain since July on Friday
amid hopes for increased demand following strong jobs data from the United
States, the world's top oil consumer.
* Asian markets were poised to move higher on Monday, energised by a potent
cocktail of upbeat Chinese trade data, a weaker yen and a firm finish on Wall
* U.S. crude oil ended up for a sixth day on Friday in its longest rally since
July and gold and many other commodities rose too as stronger-than-expected
hiring by American employers in November boosted confidence in the No. 1
> China's Nov commodities imports rebound, iron ore hits record
> Stiglitz sees Latam growth thanks to Chinese demand for food
> German biodiesel exports rise sharply to U.S.
> Argentina not planning to cut soy export tax -sources
> India's Nov soymeal exports jump almost three-fold on month
> Boehner blasts lack of farm-bill progress, supports extension
> Argentine farmers halfway through soy planting -exchange
> Industry regulator the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) will release data on
Malaysia's end-November palm oil stocks, exports and production on Dec. 10.
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Dec. 1-10 palm oil export data on Dec. 10.
Soy and crude oil prices at 0007 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
CBOT SOY OIL JAN4 40.49 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE JAN4 97.71 +0.06 97.62 97.79 735
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets