The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures slipped to a two-week low on Monday as forecasts of
bumper supplies from the world's top palm producers continued to weigh on
investor sentiment, while weak competing overseas markets also pressured
* U.S. grain futures rose on Monday as bitterly cold temperatures threatened to
damage dormant wheat crops in the United States and a heatwave put Argentina's
corn harvest at risk.
* Oil prices seesawed on Monday, ending the session slightly lower, as traders
weighed reports of production resuming at a Libyan oilfield against new threats
to shipments from a port controlled by protesters.
* Asian shares stabilised on Tuesday after four straight days of losses, while
the dollar was on defensive after disappointing U.S. services sector data raised
concerns about stuttering growth in the world's largest economy.
* Arabica coffee jumped more than 4 percent on Monday, rallying its most in four
months on fund buying, while a weaker dollar helped boost prices of other crops
and also oil and metals.
> China rejects more U.S. corn due to GMO -traders
> Brutal cold slows U.S. farming and meat business
> Industry regulator the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) will release data on
Malaysia's end-December palm oil stocks, exports and production on Jan. 10.
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Jan. 1-10 palm oil export data on Jan. 10.
Key commodity markets at 0008 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.282 -0.00 3.285 3.283
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL MAR4 38.12 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE FEB4 93.70 +0.27 93.55 93.72 486
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --