The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended higher on Friday, reversing some losses in
the morning session after the ringgit eased a little, while hopes of only a
slight rise in stocks lifted prices to post their second weekly rise in a row.
* U.S. wheat surged nearly 3 percent on Friday, passing $7 per bushel for the
first time since June, as a smaller-than-expected production forecast from
Argentina fed optimism about the demand outlook for U.S. supplies.
* Oil prices settled moderately higher on Friday as China reported that its
economy grew in the third quarter at its quickest pace this year, and as the
U.S. dollar weakened.
* Global stock markets climbed to a five-year high on Friday as investors bet
the Federal Reserve would extend its stimulus policy well into 2014, but
uncertainty over when U.S. interest rates will rise caused the dollar to sink to
an eight-month low.
* Commodity markets closed mixed on Friday, with crude oil up as the dollar
declined and gold down on profit taking after a 3 percent jump a day earlier, as
investors pondered their next moves after the U.S. budget battles in Washington.
> USDA sets 2-week plan to bring Export Sales reports up to date
> POLL-U.S. corn and soybean yield prospects increase -analysts
> Indonesia palm expansion curbs seen thwarting 2020 output goal
> China suspends weekly state soy sales - exchange
> Goldman maintains neutral recommendation on commodities
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Oct. 1-20 palm oil export data on Oct. 21.
> ADVISORY-USDA reschedules several agricultural reports
Key commodity markets at 2323 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.157 +0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 41.68 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 100.72 -0.09 100.63 100.80 184
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- Asia News