The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Friday after weaker-than-expected
export data fanned concerns that demand for the tropical oil has begun to taper,
while a stronger ringgit following the Malaysian budget announcement curbed
* U.S. grain and soybean futures dropped on Friday ahead of what is expected to
be an active weekend of harvesting in the United States, the world's top crop
* U.S. oil futures ended higher for the second day in row on Friday while
European Brent crude fell, tightening the trans-Atlantic spread as traders bet
that increasing refinery operations and a major new Midwest pipeline will slow
the rise in inventories.
* World equity indexes were near five-year highs on Friday as major U.S.
technology companies propelled Wall Street to another day of gains, sending the
S&P 500 index to close at a record.
* Gold closed flat on Friday, concluding a second week of strong gains as
investors bet that continuing U.S. economic stimulus from the Federal Reserve
will keep drawing funds into the precious metal, but copper slid, hitting a
two-week bottom as demand outlook for the base metal eroded.
> Malaysia to help palm sector with new biodiesel blend rules
> Malaysia's Oct 1-25 palm oil exports rose 3.8 pct -SGS
> Malaysia's Oct 1-25 palm oil exports down 0.6 pct-ITS
> U.S. soybeans dip ahead of active U.S. harvesting weekend
> Bunge's new chief challenges status quo in first months on job
> Belarus plans to boost potash sales to China
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's October palm oil export data on Oct. 31.
Key commodity markets at 2339 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.1425 -0.02 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 40.73 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE DEC3 97.58 -0.27 97.51 97.88 1561
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --