The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm futures jumped on Monday to their highest in 1-1/2 months,
lifted by gains in the U.S. and Chinese soy markets after positive economic data
from the Asian giant signalled growing demand for food and fuel.
* Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) wheat futures retreated on profit-taking and
technical selling on Monday after rising to the highest since early June on last
week's report of a low official crop estimate in Argentina.
* U.S. crude oil prices on Monday tumbled below $100 a barrel for the first time
since July, while the discount versus European Brent hit its widest in six
months as diminished Midwest inventories began to grow.
* Asian shares steadied at a five-month high and a recently battered dollar
stabilised ahead of a key U.S. jobs report later on Tuesday that will give clues
as to whether the Federal Reserve will start withdrawing stimulus this year.
* U.S. crude oil tumbled below $100 a barrel for the first time since July on
Monday amid fears of excessive near-term supplies, and most other commodities
closed lower too on uncertainties about demand.
> Malaysia's Oct 1-20 palm oil exports rose 8.0 pct -SGS
> Malaysia's Oct 1-20 palm oil exports up 3 pct -ITS
> India's 2013/14 soybean output seen dropping 4.4 pct
> Indonesia crude palm oil, cocoa export taxes unchanged for Nov
> Farmers co-op to buy 10 pct of Malaysia's Felda Global-report
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Oct. 1-25 palm oil export data on Oct. 25.
Key commodity markets at 2340 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.167 +0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 41.64 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 99.00 -0.22 98.85 99.10 253
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- Asia News
- Chicago Board of Trade