The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures climbed to a fresh one-and-a-half month high on
Tuesday, reversing losses in the morning session on growers' estimates that
output in the world's second-largest producer fell in October instead of
* U.S. soybean futures turned lower on Tuesday on active harvesting of the U.S.
soybean crop and persistent reports of better-than-expected yields.
* U.S. oil prices sank below $98 to their lowest in nearly four months on
Tuesday, while European Brent held firm, as fears of a near-term U.S. crude
surplus pushed the spread between the two oil contracts to its widest gap since
* Australian stocks tested five-year highs and the dollar was stuck near a
two-year low against the euro on Wednesday after disappointing U.S. jobs data
firmly pushed expectations for the tapering of Federal Reserve stimulus into
* Gold surged on Tuesday after weaker-than-expected U.S. jobs creation in
September boosted the precious metal's safe haven edge, while the dollar's sharp
fall against the euro lifted other commodities priced in the U.S. currency.
> EU states back biodiesel duties on Argentina, Indonesia
> Taiwan's BSPA buys 120,000 T soybeans from U.S. -trade
> USDA says U.S. soybean harvest 63 pct complete, corn 39 pct
> USDA to make up for harvest samples missed during shutdown [ID;nL1N0IB1VF]
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Oct. 1-25 palm oil export data on Oct. 25.
Key commodity markets at 2343 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.154 -0.02 3.157 3.168
CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL MAY4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 41.64 +0.12 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE DEC3 98.12 -0.18 98.05 98.20 1170
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --