The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures inched up on Monday on expectations that healthy
exports will persist into September, fuelling hopes that end-stocks in the
world's No.2 producer will not spike for now.
* U.S. soybean futures sank to a one-week low on Friday on forecasts for rain
and cooler temperatures to relieve stressful crop conditions across the U.S.
Midwest grain belt.
* Benchmark Brent crude oil prices eked out a small gain on Monday, reversing a
deep early slide amid upbeat economic data, North Sea output woes and a new
French report on Syria's use of chemical weapons.
* A delay in potential U.S. military action in Syria and improving economic data
from China and Europe lifted world share markets on Monday and sent safe-haven
government bonds, gold and the Japanese yen lower.
* Oil and gold prices fell again on Friday after Britain refused to back a
U.S.-led military strike on Syria, but both markets ended August sharply higher
after rallying with other commodities in recent weeks.
> Malaysia's August palm exports up 6.5 percent-ITS
> Malaysia's August palm oil exports up 7.6 pct-SGS
> Cooler, wetter U.S. weather outlook drags down corn, soy
> Brazil's commodities exports rise over dry August
> For Wyoming town of one, rebirth as a hub for Vietnamese coffee
> China says to boost corn imports despite bumper harvest
> Protests by Thai rubber farmers force delays in shipments
> Syria tenders fail, raising doubt over Assad ability to buy food
> Indonesia's Sulawesi Aug cocoa exports rise 109 pct y/y -industry
Key commodity markets at 2303 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.271 -0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 44.16 -0.13 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 106.78 -0.87 104.21 107.31 49762
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- Asia News