The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures eased on Friday as investors booked profits from
this week's rally that was fuelled by forecasts of dry weather in the
soy-producing U.S. Midwest, although healthy demand and a still-weak ringgit
stemmed the decline.
* U.S. soybean futures sank to a one-week low on Friday on forecasts for rain
and cooler temperatures to relieve stressful crop conditions across the U.S.
Midwest grain belt.
* Brent crude oil fell in volatile trade on Friday ahead of a long holiday
weekend in the United States, as the Obama administration made a case for a
"limited" strike against Syria.
* Stocks fell and U.S. Treasury prices gained on Friday after Secretary of State
John Kerry made a forceful case for the United States to punish Syrian President
Bashar al-Assad as he released evidence the Syrian government used chemical
weapons to attack civilians.
* Oil and gold prices fell again on Friday after Britain refused to back a
U.S.-led military strike on Syria, but both markets ended August sharply higher
after rallying with other commodities in recent weeks.
> Malaysia's August palm exports up 7.5 percent-ITS
> Emerging currency crisis boosts sugar exports, pressures price
> Cooler, wetter U.S. weather outlook drags down corn, soy
> USDA sells to biofuel firm at loss in sugar-for-ethanol program
> IGC raises global wheat, maize 2013/14 forecasts
> Cargo surveyor Societe Generale de Surveillance to release Malaysia's August
export data on Monday.
Key commodity markets at 2304 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.285 -0.03 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 44.29 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 105.84 -1.81 104.21 107.15 7328
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --