The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures rose on Friday, posting their fourth straight
weekly gain, as a weaker ringgit continued to attract more buyers.
* U.S. corn futures closed higher on Friday for the first time this week and
soybeans ended flat after a choppy trading session as investors squared
positions before the weekend and ahead of a monthly government crop report next
* U.S. crude oil futures settled on Friday at their highest level in more than
two years as investors rushed to buy amid concerns a possible military strike
against Syria could cause oil prices to spike.
* Bond yields and the U.S. dollar fell on Friday after a report showed U.S. jobs
growth was less than expected in August, adding to uncertainty over when the
Federal Reserve will begin to trim its massive bond-buying program.
* U.S. crude oil prices settled at a two-year high on Friday as fears of a
military strike against Syria returned to make a positive impact on oil, and
gold and copper rose on bets of continued stimulus support from the Federal
> Dry Argentine weather could impede corn sowing, bolster soy
> Thai govt reaches possible breakthrough in rubber crisis
> Vietnam's coffee farmers flex muscles, raise supply fears
> U.S. corn jumps 1.5 percent on spreading, short-covering
> Arsenic levels in rice too low for short-term risk -FDA
> Cocoa futures ease from 1-year high; sugar at three-week high
> Indian corn seen steady-to-up on low supply
> Cargo surveyors to release Malaysia's Sept. 1-10 palm export data on Sept. 10.
> Industry regulator the Malaysian Palm Oil Board to release Malaysia's August
palm stocks and output figures on Sept. 10.
Key commodity markets at 2314 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.327 +0.02 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 43.72 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 110.02 -0.51 109.76 110.28 2474
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- Asia News