The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended higher on Thursday, snapping three straight
sessions of losses after an early three-week low lured bargain hunters into the
* U.S. corn futures tumbled on Thursday after the U.S. Department of Agriculture
surprised traders by increasing its harvest forecast despite a late-summer
stretch of hot, dry weather in key crop areas.
* Global oil prices rose for a second straight day on Thursday as investors
monitored diplomatic efforts to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons and Libya
declared force majeure on another three ports.
* U.S. stocks slipped, safe-haven Treasuries prices rose and the dollar dipped
on Thursday as investors turned defensive before next week's Federal Reserve
* Gold and copper prices fell on Thursday on speculation about the Federal
Reserve's next move on the U.S. stimulus program, while oil climbed for a
second day on renewed concerns over Syria.
> Palm oil prices to drop sharply as supplies roll in -Mistry
> India's monsoon rainfall 37 pct below average in past week
> Corn futures sink on increased U.S. harvest outlook; soy soars
> ICE sugar rebound stalls, cocoa approaches 1-year high
> Marex Spectron sees 2013/14 global cocoa deficit
> India's bumper monsoon rains weaken further in retreat
> Huge Canada canola crop boon to crushers, exporters after off
> Cargo surveyors will release Malaysia's Sept. 1-15 palm export data on Sept.
17 due to Malaysia Day holiday weekend.
Key commodity markets at 2333 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.2761 +0.02 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 43.03 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 108.58 -0.02 108.55 108.74 798
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets