The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended higher on Friday, snapping three straight
sessions of losses and turning around weekly prices to post their first gain in
three weeks, although predictions of surging supplies in the coming months kept
* Chicago Board of Trade wheat futures reached a two-month high on Friday,
buoyed by short-covering and expectations of strong demand from China and
* Oil fell on Friday as tensions eased between the United States and Iran,
culminating in the first phone call between the two countries' presidents since
1979 and a pledge to work swiftly toward an agreement on Iran's nuclear program.
* U.S. stock futures and the dollar came under pressure on Monday as a shutdown
of the U.S. government seemed increasingly likely, though the euro had political
troubles of its own as the Italian government teetered on the edge of collapse.
* Gold and wheat rallied on Friday and a few other commodities rose slightly,
adding to what was shaping to be the sector's best quarterly performance in a
year when the third quarter closes next week.
> Russia's 2013 grain harvest to lag official forecast - lobby
> Cargill may have broken law over Colombia land buying -Oxfam
> Wheat at new two-month high on brisk exports
> Argentine farmers hoard soybeans as inflation hedge
> Raw sugar prices tumble, robusta sinks to three-year low
> Speculators boost bullish ICE sugar position
> Brazil seen importing 1-1.5 bln liters of U.S. ethanol
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's September palm export data on Sept. 30.
Key commodity markets at 2334 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.226 +0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 41.81 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 102.03 -0.84 101.80 102.54 4723
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- USA News