The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures ended lower on Wednesday, reversing from gains made
in the morning session as investors turned cautious over rising palm output in
the world's No.2 producer.
* U.S. wheat futures rallied on Wednesday to their highest levels in more than
two months on hopes that U.S. supplies will gain traction in the competition to
fill overseas demand, traders said.
* Crude oil prices edged lower in choppy trading on Wednesday as comments from
the Iranian foreign minister revived hopes that talks over Tehran's nuclear
program could see progress, and as U.S. crude oil inventories posted a large
* The dollar fell and global equities markets continued to struggle on Wednesday
as concerns over a potential government shutdown in Washington kept investors
cautious, even as another vote looms on raising the U.S. debt ceiling.
* Oil prices fell on Wednesday but most other commodities closed up, after a
drop in the dollar over worries about a potential U.S. government shutdown
lifted futures of raw materials priced in the currency.
> U.S. senator presses EPA on biofuel market volatility
> FACTBOX-Narrow window left to write new U.S. farm law
> Lanworth raises forecasts on S. American plantings
> Malaysia's Sept 1-25 palm oil exports up 6.4 pct -SGS
> Malaysia's Sept 1-25 palm oil exports up 6.5 pct-ITS
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's September palm export data on Sept. 30.
Key commodity markets at 2342 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.221 +0.01 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 42.09 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 102.36 -0.30 102.24 102.39 1177
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets