The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures fell on Wednesday to the lowest in three weeks,
weighed down by concerns of rising production pushing stocks higher this month.
* U.S. soybean futures crawled higher on Wednesday as hot weather in the U.S.
Midwest encouraged traders to expect a lower harvest outlook in a government
report due on Thursday.
* Crude oil prices edged up in choppy trading on Wednesday as investors worried
about whether diplomatic efforts to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons would
avert military action that could disrupt oil supplies from the Middle East.
* Fixed-income investors gobbled up $49 billion in notes sold by Verizon on
Wednesday, the largest-ever corporate bond sale in history, while global stocks
rose as tensions over a possible military strike on Syria eased, and the dollar
fell to a two-week low.
* Most commodities were little changed on Wednesday with benchmark crude oil
above $111 a barrel and copper holding steady too, as investors worried about
whether diplomatic efforts would avert a proposed U.S. strike on Syria.
> Neste Oil aims to lift biofuels production by 15 pct by 2015
> Thai PTT plans to sell palm oil business in Indonesia
> China 2013 corn output to hit record high, cap imports-CNGOIC
> PREVIEW-US soy crop and stocks to keep shrinking - analysts
> Soy, corn, wheat edge up ahead of USDA harvest view
> Soy price premium to corn points to record soy acres in S.America
> Satisfied by govt subsidy, Thai rubber farmers call off protest
> PREVIEW-Weak rupee likely cuts India Aug vegoil imports by a fifth -survey
> Cargo surveyors will release Malaysia's Sept. 1-15 palm export data on Sept.
17 due to Malaysia Day holiday weekend.
Key commodity markets at 2344 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.258 -0.02 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 42.96 +0.00 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 107.68 +0.12 107.63 107.79 881
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- Asia News