The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures fell for the third straight session on Friday and
extended declines for a second week as a stronger local currency curbed appetite
from overseas buyers, although strong export numbers limited losses.
* Chicago Board of Trade corn and soybean futures closed at their lowest in
roughly a month Friday, pushed down by seasonal pressure from the start of the
U.S. harvest, traders said.
* Brent crude oil rose on Friday and front-month U.S. crude fell heading into
expiry as traders took profits on the spread between the two contracts.
* Gold prices and stocks on major markets gave back some gains on Friday after
soaring this week in the wake of the Federal Reserve's unexpected decision to
maintain its monetary stimulus.
* Gold and most other commodities tumbled on Friday after fresh speculation
there might be cuts to U.S. Federal Reserve stimulus by next month
after this week's decision by the bank to delay the move.
> Palm oil prices to rise 9 pct by Feb 2014 -analyst Fry
> Informa ups US corn, soy forecasts; 2014 soy area to rise
> Alarm at soy overplanting in Argentina
> India to consider raising refined palm oil import tax
> Brazil's top soy state less than 0.5 pct planted, rains lacking
> Malaysia's Sept 1-20 palm oil exports up 9.2 pct - SGS
> Malaysia's Sept 1-20 palm oil exports up 13.1 pct -ITS
> India's 2013/14 edible oil imports seen at record-trade expert
> Indonesia unchanged crude palm oil, cocoa export tax for Oct
> Indonesia frees up soybean import rules again -official
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Sept. 1-25 palm export data on Wednesday.
Key commodity markets at 2345 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.164 +0.02 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 42.46 +0.12 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE NOV3 104.50 -0.25 104.42 104.89 2010
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures --
CBOT soybean futures --
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures --
Dalian refined palm oil futures --
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil --
European edible oil prices/trades --
- Commodity Markets
- Asia News