VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Nov 22, 2012) - Verisante Technology, Inc. (TSX VENTURE:VRS)(VRSEF) (the "Company" or "Verisante"), a leader in cancer detection technology, announced today that the Company will be featured on Business Television (BTV) on November 24 and 25, 2012.
BTV, a half-hour business program, has been profiling innovative companies in North America every week for the past 14 years. Verisante will air on BTV on the following channels:
- Business News Network (BNN) on Saturday, November 24 at 8 p.m. (EST) and Sunday, November 25 at 9:30 a.m. (EST)
- Bell Express VU on Saturday, November 24 at 8 p.m. (EST) and Sunday, November 25 at 9:30 a.m. (EST)
In the United States
- Fox Business Network on Sunday, November 25 at 5 p.m. (EST)
- America ONE (www.americaone.com) on Saturday, November 24 at 10 a.m. (EST)
- Biz Television (www.biztv.com) on Saturday November 24 at 1:30 p.m. (EST), Sunday, November 25 at 1 p.m. (EST), Monday, November 26 at 6:30 p.m. (EST), Wednesday, November 28 at 7 p.m. (EST), Thursday November 29 at 10:30 a.m. (EST) and Friday November 30 at 6:30 p.m. (EST)
A link to the entire feature will be available on the Company''s website after the broadcast.
About Verisante Technology, Inc.
Verisante is a medical device company committed to commercializing innovative systems for the early detection of cancer. The Verisante Aura™ for skin cancer detection and the Verisante Core™ series for lung, colon and cervical cancer detection utilize a proprietary cancer detection platform while the operating software and probe technology are unique to each device. The cancer detection platform was developed by the BC Cancer Agency and tested and refined at the Skin Care Centre at Vancouver General Hospital. This exclusive platform technology allows Verisante to develop and offer a range of compact, non-invasive cancer detection devices that offer physicians immediate results for many of the most common cancers. The Aura™ has been approved for sale in Canada, Europe and Australia. The Core™ has not yet been approved for sale.
Verisante Aura™ was awarded Popular Science Magazine''s "Best of What''s New Award" for 2011, and Verisante Core™ was named one of the top 10 cancer breakthroughs of 2011 by the Canadian Cancer Society. In addition, the Company was named a finalist for the 2011 Regional Awards for New Technology by the Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters and the National Research Council of Canada and named as the year''s top ranking Technology and Life Sciences Company on the TSX Venture 50.
This release contains forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding the future commercialization of medical devices, the market demand for these products and the proprietary protections the Company will obtain with regard to the technology, all of which statements are subject to market risks, and the possibility that the Company will not be able to obtain patent protection or obtain sufficient customer demand. These statements are made based upon current expectations and actual results may differ from those projected due to a number of risks and uncertainties.
- Investment & Company Information