Verizon CEO says buying out Vodafone share of JV a possibility, DJ reports

theflyonthewall.com

Verizon (VZ) CEO Lowell McAdam said the company has the resources and desire to buy out the stake in the Verizon Wireless joint venture held by Vodafone (VOD), though added the venture is functioning well and ownership consolidation isn't necessary, reported Dow Jones. The report noted that Verizon Wireless is 55% owned by Verizon, with Vodafone holding the remaining 45% stake, and that Verizon tried but failed to buy Vodafone's stake in 2006.

View Comments (0)