SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Adobe (ADBE) today announced the availability of Adobe® Photoshop Elements 12 and Adobe Premiere Elements 12, new versions of the No. 1 selling consumer photo and video-editing software*. Customers will enjoy powerful mobile capabilities, and reap the benefits of professional-grade editing technology delivered in an intuitive experience that makes it easy to create stunning results.
“Our customers have a lot of photos and videos, and they love to use their home computers to organize them and be creative, but they also want the freedom and flexibility to view, edit and share on their mobile devices,” said Lea Hickman, vice president, products, Creative Consumer Business, Adobe. “Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 will provide customers with the best of both worlds, quickly, easily and at their discretion.”
Easily Create and Share Sensational Photos with Photoshop Elements 12 with new features and tools that include:
- Mobile Access - With Elements Mobile Albums, customers always have access to their precious memories. Powered by Adobe Revel, people can view, edit and share their photos and videos seamlessly on their smartphones, tablets and desktop devices whether at home or on-the-go.
- Content-Aware Move - This exclusive Adobe technology lets customers easily move objects within a photo and automatically fills in resulting empty spaces.
- Pet Eye Correction - Added in response to customer requests, Pet Eye provides an easy solution to the problem of flash reflection in animals’ eyes, which is not addressed by Red Eye correction technology.
- Auto Smart Tone – Exclusive intelligent software that learns a customer’s editing preferences, resulting in one-click adjustments based on their choices, which gets better the more you use it.
- Quick Frames, Effects and Textures – One-click photo frames, effects and textures, inspired by the most popular looks customers have been creating in Expert mode.
- Guided Edits - Step-by-step instructions to create Zoom Burst and Photo Puzzle effects, as well as Restore Old Photo, which enable users to restore damaged or old photos.
- Straighten Tool - Now fills in missing edges through the use of exclusive Content-Aware technology.
- Share to Twitter – Share a photo with a tweet on Twitter.
- 64-bit support for Mac – Allows for more efficient use of your computers’ built in memory, maximizing performance and enabling larger image files and videos to be edited quickly.
Create Unforgettable Movies with ease with Premiere Elements 12. New features and tools include:
- Guided Edits – Step-by-step navigation on how to get started, trim frames, add scores, transitions, titles and narrations, as well as animating graphics and creating pictures within pictures.
- Scores – More than 50 soundtracks that automatically regenerate to fit the duration of a clip, making it easy to create home movies with perfectly timed intros, outros and background music.
- Sound Effects – More than 250 effects that add excitement and dimension to audio tracks.
- Auto Smart Tone – The same exclusive technology found in Photoshop Elements 12, for video.
- Film Looks – Four new filters to add stylized Hollywood flare to home movies including Comic, Trinity, Yesteryear and Cross Process.
- Motion tracking – Spotlight your subject by adding graphics, text and effects that move with the object.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (Mac and Windows) are immediately available for purchase at www.adobe.com for US$99.99, with upgrade pricing of US$79.99. The Photoshop Elements 12 & Premiere Elements 12 bundle is available now for US$149.99, with upgrade pricing of US$119.99. They will soon be available at retail stores such as Adorama Camera, Inc, Amazon.com, B & H Photo and Video, Best Buy, Best Buy Canada, New Egg, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples and Staples Canada.
Adobe Revel is an app available for iOS and Windows devices. The app is free for up to 50 photo or video uploads per month.
Information about other language versions, as well as pricing, upgrade and support policies is available at www.adobe.com. For free training videos visit Adobe Photoshop Elements at http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop-elements or Adobe Premiere Elements at http://tv.adobe.com/product/premiere-express/#.
Education pricing for students, faculty and staff in K-12 and higher education is available from Adobe Authorized Education Resellers and the Adobe Education Store.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Photoshop, Premiere and Revel are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service (January 2007 to February 2013) based on units sold in the Video and Photo Editing categories. Combined units sold for Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, and the Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements bundle (U.S. only).
- Information Technology
- Consumer Discretionary
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Photoshop Elements