LONDON, ENGLAND--(Marketwired - Sep 6, 2013) - Digital department store, Very.co.uk, has invested £2m in an above the line campaign to support the launch of its new womenswear brand, Definitions.
Definitions is designed to take stylish, professional women from day through to evening by offering a versatile range of edited trend essentials, with a particular emphasis on separates and dresses.
Very.co.uk's advertising campaign for the label is based around the idea of 'everyday stylish' - that no matter how mundane or banal the situation, the right outfit can make you feel fabulous.
Very.co.uk worked with its retained creative agency, St Luke's, to create the campaign. It will run across TV, print, outdoor and digital for five weeks, with the 30" TV advert breaking during tonight's Emmerdale and the extended 40" edit appearing during X Factor on Saturday 7th September.
The TV ad has been created using a combination of still and moving images to create a powerful effect that will draw the viewer in to the world of the new Definitions range. The camera starts close in on the models and you immediately think that you are seeing a woman frozen in time as though lifted straight from a high fashion editorial shoot. As the camera zooms out and moves around the model, we see that we are not looking at a photo shoot, but instead at a woman going about her everyday business. The stillness of the models then contrasts with the moving pictures used on certain isolated elements within the shot to highlight particular features of the clothes and further grab the viewer's attention.
Jon Owen, retail director at Very.co.uk, part of Shop Direct, said: "At Very.co.uk, our aim is to make great style accessible to everyone through a combination of big name brands and exclusive own labels. For some time now, our customers have been crying out for a trend-led yet affordable collection of chic, well-cut pieces that can be worn to the office and then styled up for the evening.
"With Definitions, we think we've struck the perfect balance of design, quality and price and this campaign really delivers that message. We're looking forward to seeing how both the collection and advertising campaign resonate with women across the UK."
Al Young, executive creative director at St Luke's, said: "Definitions is a cutting edge fashion brand and needed a cutting edge ad campaign to match. The directors, Canada, have given us the look and feel we were aiming for - edgy and cool yet still playful and accessible."
The traditional media and digital tactical campaigns were planned and booked by Carat and myThings respectively, with OMD UK planning and booking social and biddable VOD activity, including Very.co.uk's first YouTube homepage takeover.
|Campaign title: Everyday Stylish|
|Client: Paul Ray - head of brand and advertising, Very.co.uk|
|Brief: to launch the stylish new Definitions range|
|Creative agency: St. Luke's|
|Creative director: Al Young|
|Copywriter: Ed Redgrave|
|Art director: David Wrigglesworth|
|Media agency: Carat|
|Production company: Partizan|
|Editor: Leila Sarraf at Trim|
|Music production/track: Purity Ring, 'Fine Shrine'|
|Audio post-production: Grand Central|
|Exposure: TV, press, outdoor, digital|
- Very.co.uk is a digital department store that helps customers to live their lives in style.
- Its own label fashion brands include Love Label and the exclusive new Definitions range, which aims to take women from office to bar with a collection of stylish, trend-led pieces.
- Very.co.uk also boasts celebrity-designed collections from the likes of Fearne Cotton amongst others.
- Very.co.uk also sells more than 800 big name brands, from Adidas and Little Mistress to Superdry and UGG.
- Very.co.uk is part of Shop Direct - the UK's leading multi-brand digital retailer.
- Shop Direct has annual sales of around £1.7bn. The group delivers more than 50 million items every year to five million active customers.
- Other Shop Direct brands include Littlewoods and isme. In total, the Shop Direct brands receive 800,000 website visits every day.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Shop Direct
- advertising campaign
0844 292 2738