NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vimeo today announced several major upgrades to its professional-grade service, Vimeo PRO, designed to be the ultimate video solution for creative professionals, businesses, and anyone looking to showcase their work in high quality. The new Vimeo PRO now includes:
- Up to 1TB of Storage A Year: Vimeo PRO members now get 20GB of storage per week, up to 1TB a year — equivalent to about 5 hours of HD video per week, with no limit on the number or duration of videos. This is up to 20X the annual capacity of the previous Vimeo PRO account.
- Unlimited HD Plays: Vimeo PRO now offers unlimited playback anywhere members' videos appear: on Vimeo.com, embedded on other sites, and on connected TVs and mobile devices.
- VIP Customer Support – Response Within 1 Hour: Vimeo PRO members worldwide receive support email responses within 1 hour on business days, around the clock, and within 1 day on weekends, Eastern Time.
- The Latest Vimeo On Demand Features to Sell and Rent Videos: Vimeo PRO members have access to the newest version of Vimeo's direct-distribution platform, Vimeo On Demand, which enables creators to set their own rent and buy pricing, sell preorders of their work, and earn money from viewers with a 90/10 revenue split (after transaction costs).
- Unchanged $199/Year Price: The new Vimeo PRO remains available for $199/year.
"Vimeo is committed to empowering video creators of all levels with high-quality tools to reach their audiences," said Vimeo CEO, Kerry Trainor. "The new PRO upgrades offer members our highest class of service yet — enabling them to showcase, share, and earn revenue from their content in a beautiful environment."
The new upgrades for Vimeo PRO are meant for creative professionals and small businesses looking for a simple, uncluttered, and intuitive platform to host their video content. All PRO members continue to receive commercial-free HD playback; the ability to customize and add their brand to the video player; Portfolio sites on which to showcase their work; and private client review pages. PRO members can also access advanced performance statistics, FTP uploading, social media sharing, and advanced privacy settings. As with all video hosted on Vimeo, content uploaded by PRO members is automatically compatible with mobile phones, tablets, and connected TVs.
"In speaking with creative professionals and small businesses, we heard they are in search of an easy-to-use platform that's straightforward and affordable, but which doesn't sacrifice quality," said Vimeo President, Dae Mellencamp. "With the new Vimeo PRO, we're addressing these needs and offering something that's completely unparalleled in the industry."
For more information regarding the new Vimeo PRO, please visit https://vimeo.com/pro
Vimeo® is the high-quality video platform for creators and their audiences. Vimeo's mission is to empower and inspire people around the world to create, share and discover videos. Vimeo has 20M registered members and reaches a global monthly audience of more than 100M. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (IACI).
- Technology & Electronics