CAMARILLO, CA--(Marketwired - May 22, 2013) - Continuing its drive to strategically advance Carrier and Enterprise Ethernet technology, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (
Enabling this are technologies exclusively available from Vitesse including:
- VeriTime™: the industry's highest accuracy IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol implementation for nanosecond-accurate network timing and synchronization; and
- Intellisec™: the industry's first PHY technology to enable IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption end-to-end over any network, for cost-effective network-wide link layer encryption.
"Vitesse's approach enables a paradigm shift in mobile, cloud, and other critical infrastructure networks," said Richard Interrante, product marketing director at Vitesse. "VeriTime delivers the industry's de facto highest accuracy IEEE 1588v2 network timing and now, we've again moved beyond our competitors with this latest generation incorporating Intellisec. Delivering low latency security while preserving network synchronization simply isn't possible with traditional link-based MACsec technology. Network-wide Layer 2 security is now a realistic and affordable option for carriers and other cloud providers."
New Generation of PHYs Enabling Seamless End-to-End Cloud Security
- MACsec Networkwide: Intellisec dramatically extends MACsec to support secure access to multiple cloud services. Until now, MACsec PHYs have traditionally been limited to link-based box-to-box applications primarily within cloud service data centers;
- Network Synchronization Preservation: Synchronization is critical for mobile, smart grid, financial, and industrial networks. Vitesse's Intellisec-enabled devices surpass the reach of competitive MACsec PHYs by working seamlessly with Vitesse's VeriTime technology to deliver security with nanosecond-level IEEE 1588v2 accuracy;
- Simple, Low-Cost, Scalable: Intellisec enables a realistic and affordable Layer 2 MACsec security solution with a simple PHY upgrade, without any changes required to network equipment ASICs, switches or processors;
- Strong Encryption: Intellisec offers 256-bit encryption support, versus the 128-bit encryption typically used in today's alternatives.
SynchroPHY Portfolio Highlights
- GE PHYs with copper and fiber media support
- VSC8582-10: 2-port SGMII/QSGMII GE PHY
- VSC8584-10: 4-port SGMII/QSGMII GE PHY
- 10GE PHYs
- VSC8490-10: 2-port WAN/LAN/Backplane RXAUI/XAUI to SFP+/KR 10GE PHY
- VSC8491-10: 1-port WAN/LAN/Backplane RXAUI/XAUI to SFP+/KR 10GE PHY
Samples are available now. Learn more at www.vitesse.com/intellisec.
Vitesse is a registered trademark and VeriTime and Intellisec are trademarks of Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective holders.