TAIPEI, TAIWAN--(Marketwired - Jun 3, 2013) - COMPUTEX 2013 - Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (
- Intellisec: the industry's first technology to enable IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption end-to-end over any network, for cost-effective network-wide link layer encryption;
- VeriTime: the industry's highest accuracy IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol implementation for nanosecond-accurate network timing and synchronization; and
- ViSAA: the industry's only hardware-based service layer for scalable, wirespeed performance and delivery of CE services fully compliant with MEF CE 2.0.
"With the adoption of cloud services by Enterprises, Carrier and Enterprise networks are increasingly tied together in today's IT environment," said Martin Nuss, CTO for Vitesse. "Cloud services require high-bandwidth, low latency, and secure managed service connectivity from the Enterprise to cloud providers. At Vitesse, we've focused our efforts on anticipating and meeting the requirements of next-generation network standards. Our latest technologies -- Intellisec, VeriTime and ViSAA -- put Vitesse in front of those network requirements to bring reliable, secure cloud networking to fruition."
Intellisec, VeriTime and ViSAA: Addressing Next-Generation Cloud Networking Challenges
Enterprises are adopting cloud-based facilities to leverage their efficiency, lower operating costs and scalability. According to Gartner Research, over 60% of Enterprises have adopted a form of cloud computing. This introduces new challenges for Enterprises relying on private cloud applications delivered through remote data centers, including security vulnerabilities and unpredictable network performance. Vitesse's technologies are uniquely positioned to address these challenges:
- Security: With Intellisec technology, Vitesse delivers a network-level security mechanism that is low cost, low power and readily scalable to higher bandwidth without any performance compromises;
- Network Timing: VeriTime has already been widely adopted to meet 4G/LTE Carrier network needs. Networks operate on synchronization. Very accurate time synchronization is not only required for 4G/LTE mobility, industrial automation, and smart energy, but also to synchronize servers, virtual machines, and transactions for cloud services and cloud computing. As Enterprises start deploying femtocell networks to increase indoor coverage, VeriTime combined with Intellisec provides a secure and proven timing solution;
- Network Performance: Network equipment with embedded ViSAA technology can enable on-demand access to cloud-based servers, storage, and applications. Access to these resources can be set up as granular services with their individual requirements. In addition to the ability to provision, manage, and allocate resources to these services individually, ViSAA adds reliability and remote management capability to limit outages.
Vitesse at Computex Taipei 2013
Vitesse is showcasing its latest generation technologies and solutions in its hospitality suite at Computex Taipei from June 4 - 8, 2013. Meetings are by appointment only.
Vitesse is a registered trademark and Intellisec, VeriTime, and ViSAA are trademarks of Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective holders.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- cloud services